You know you're obsessed when.....

Reggie is too slight for Drogo, he's more like the Viper. I picture Drogo as built more like a tall, lean OT or d-end. Strong Belwas, now, he's an ideal nose tackle. He could shut down the point of attack like nobody's business.

You know you're obsessed when you compare players from your favourite NFL team to characters in the book. (There, all better HJ...)

Ha ha. I actually struggled to think of anyone to play Reggie Bush, but he's my favourite Saint... maybe you're right about the Red Viper.

You know you're obsessed when you draw a face on your little finger and call it Lord Petyr Baelysh.

....your best pickup line is "a sword needs a sheath"

How have I missed this thread? Welcome to TPA and Icemark.

Thanks - it is good to be here eventually...been following the GRRM forum for a couple of years and have finally decided to join up! (...so it helps that I've picked up NOT to ask about any theories or such....for fear of being bombarded by TK's legendary thread links ;))

There are so many things that I didn't pick up on whilst reading/re-reading the novels and reading the forum threads just make it a fuller experience....everyone here is SO insightful - it is awesome!!:)

You may get recruited by either the Republican Party or the Tea Party movement.

Sorry for that, but I could not resist. My bad. I'm just gonna lounge on my raft a little longer.

...not from the Americas...so I had to google the "Tea Party" movement in order to figure out what you meant :D....don't think i'm all that bad :p

What was that you said? The ends of your legs are hairy?

(No wonder you keep them hidden beneath the water in your avatar.)

Seriously, though, TK: your knowledge of GRRM threads is uncanny, to say the least.

Icemark, TK is known (as the Bear has said) as our research monkey. I think it helps to have hairy legs.

TK, grats on legendary status. And I remember when you first got here...

I told Lucas, "This is not the trooper you're looking for. You can go about your business."

You know the moderator is obsessed when he participates in the derailment of a thread.

You know you're obsessed when...

Living in the UK (as I do) and I turn on the channel 4 news. The senior newsreader is a man named John Snow and I cheer "Hooray! Go John Snow!" every time. Okay, so the spelling's a little different...

No One, there's a realtor in the Denver area (Littleton, Highlands Ranch) who posts his pictures on bus stops... Rob Stark. I don't want to know how he negotiates when bridges are involved.

Also on the current season of The Ultimate Fighter, a fighter named Ben Stark was eliminated in the very first episode.

Like a collection of the Bran Stark chapters... a Bran Codex?

No One, there's a realtor in the Denver area (Littleton, Highlands Ranch) who posts his pictures on bus stops... Rob Stark. I don't want to know how he negotiates when bridges are involved.

Also on the current season of The Ultimate Fighter, a fighter named Ben Stark was eliminated in the very first episode.

We need to find a Walder Frey and get him and Rob Stark in a room together. We can ignore Ben Stark for being eliminated and bringing the name into disrepute.

Also, turns out John Snow is actually spelled Jon, without the 'h'. Some crucial info for you there :)

Another interesting, though entirely pointless, observation came when I was recently reading Tom Holland's Persian Fire (which is a fantastic piece of work). He describes tribes that came to Mesopotamia from what is modern-day Iran as 'Arya' or 'Aryas'. Hence the later thoughts from a german philosopher (Nietzsche?) on a Aryan race of super-men, which Hitler, of course, so massively misinterpreted.

I daresay that has no relevance though on everyone's favourite wolf-girl.

...you check how Wester Ross voted in the 2010 elections.

(For those who want to know, the Lib Dems held the seat, but with a 3.1% swing to Labour (which gives the wrong impression, really, as it was the SNP who gained most from the fall in the Lib Dem vote: the SNP came within three votes of pushing Labour into third place.)

Last edited: