One Man LOTR

Discussion in 'Middle Earth' started by Boneman, Feb 10, 2010.

Boneman

Boneman Active Member

Anyone else seen this show? Just saw it tonight and it's hilarious (although you could safely miss the warm-up act!), a really inventive and clever take on the films. He's touring England at the moment and well worth seeing - but only if you've seen the movies. I guess if you've read the books you'd recognise the scenes, but he does the music so well. :D
    Menion

Menion ze Spaniard!

Have you got a link? or are we going to have to dive into the limitless depths of the intenet to find it. ;)

{Is it on Tinternet?}
    Bella Donna

Bella Donna Mostly Harmless

What Menion said. I'd love to see it if you've got a link.
    Boneman

Boneman Active Member

Ah...erm... sorry, I haven't been to this thread in ages, so missed the questions... It was a live show... not sure if there's been any you-tubing of any of it. Here's a link (hope it works) to a few bits from the show. But it's the sheer humour and pace that goes along - it's all over in an hour, and not a second wasted...

YouTube - Lord of the Rings Clips

If the link doesn't work, google One Man Lord of the Rings and it's there close to the top.
    Bella Donna

Bella Donna Mostly Harmless

Thanks, Boneman. :D
    Starbeast

Starbeast Benevolent Galaxy Being

He's good. He reminds me of myself when I'm helping to select a film to watch with relatives or friends, I like to mimic tv and movie characters and do bits from movies. I've been doing cartoon and live-action character voices since the 1980's. I've never counted how many different ways I can change my voice (not including sound effects), must be a few hundred I guess.
    R M Tobias

R M Tobias New Member

I've only ever seen the Star Wars show (which he did a bit of LotR at the end as a teaser) but it was great.

Can't wait for him to come to Australia.