Forthcoming Lovecraftian Items

Just got my copy of Ramsey Campbell's THE WAY OF THE WORM, ye third and final volume in his superb Lovecraftian series from PS Publishing. So exited!!

How are the first two? I think I read Cold Print in its first release in the 80s but I don't recall it (too many books since...)

For me, I just finished Volume 4 of the CAS Collected Fantasies from Nightshade.

I have been trying to read through various authors that I always intended to read, but getting back into HPL and CAS is soothing as a break from Hawthorne's lesser known works.

I received Ave atque Vale a while back but have only now started to read it. Magnificent book! There is, to be sure, a great overlap with Lovecraft Remembered, but there are enough items that are unique to both to justify getting both, IMO. And there are a few nice illustrations, including notr only the famous silhouette of HPL, but also that of Mrs. L., which I had never seen before.

Letters to E. Hoffmann Price and Richard F. Searight will be out in May from Hippocampus Press. Later this year the same press will release The Recognition of H. P. Lovecraft by S. T. Joshi, on the history of Lovecraft criticism.

Great news from S. T. Joshi:
Lovecraft’s letters to Frank Belknap Long have now reached the John Hay Library! I imagine many of you are aware of the long and at times frustrating effort to purchase these letters (more than 500 pages of handwritten manuscript) since they were purchased in late 2006 by L. W. Currey. Well, the goal has finally been achieved, thanks largely to Derrick Hussey’s Aeroflex Foundation, the crowdfunding campaign launched by the H. P. Lovecraft Historical Society, and, of course, my own sale of books from the library of W. H. Pugmire. It will no doubt take the library several months to scan the letters and make them available to David E. Schultz and me for editing; so one should not expect to see these letters in print until 2023. We hope to publish Long’s side of the correspondence (which survives in abundance) as well, so that in all likelihood this will be a two-volume job.