Stargate Universe. Anyone interested in this?

Rodders

|-O-| (-O-) |-O-|
Supporter
I couldn't find any threads on this so i thought i'd start one.

Stargate Universe (with Robert Carlisle) Are the old SG and Atlantis fans interested in this. I must admit, i thought that there'd be a bit more buzz on the Chrons for it.

I think there's a new Stargate series coming out soon, set earlier than the others, but i'm not sure of the details.

Thats the new series. Stargate Universe.

It just seemed odd to me that this series, which went for 10 years and spawned Stargate: Atlantis didn't have a thread for their new series. Now i was never a Stargate fan, but i'm bemused.

Do you know when the first episode will actually be broadcast? It's different for Britain and the U.S., I think.

For the US release at least:

Stargate universe story:
A space ship sent to investigate Stargate worlds ....

Stargate Universe pilot - Release date: October 2, 2009

When a research team is forced to evacuate their secret base, they find themselves on board an Ancient vessel that is millions of years old -- with failing life support and no way to gate home.
Second half of the Stargate Universe Season 1 is also set to air during the second quarter of 2010.

I've never been a fan of Stargate. But i have to say, i'm quite intrigued by this. Maybe it's the thought of it being set on a starship? (Back to Old School SF television.)

I watched all 10 seasons of SG1 and the spin off telemovies.

I was never a big wrap for Stargate Atlantis but perhaps this will rekindle the flames..

I'm a fan of both SG-1 and SG-A but terrestrially televised, so will have to wait for the DVDs... :(

I've seen a couple of trailers for it out on youtube and read a bit about it on other forums. The first trailer was terrible but the second shows it as having more potential. They like using shakeycam view from what I've seen of the trailer, somewhat like battlestar gallactica only better, I hope, because that program was horrendous!

Apparently they are trying to make SGU more of a continuing story line, so it's more akin to lost in that regard than the other SG series. I think that they mean they aren't going to go have a random light hearted episode where they have supper with an eccentric Nox which doesn't fit the continuing character and story development. Which is a shame, because those Nox are fantastic fruit munchers!

I'm a huge fan of SG1, it was my alltime fav SF show. Great SF adventure,fun,good stories.

So when they changed the theme,story type from being the rare adventure,action,explore type show to a Battlestar Galactica wannbe that looks much worse with the trailers and the actors from b-movies,b-tv shows....

Im not really interested. I will try it for loyalty to SG1.

I'm looking forward to this. Ive watched a bunch of SG-1 before, but I got some DVDs recently and was horribly bored by it all. Guess it doesn't stand up well. Anyway, they keep promising that this is going to have a totally different feeling. Sounds bit like ST: Voyager though if you ask me (Z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z).

Thats why i dont find it very interesting idea. It sounds many other series and not a stargate series.

They could have reinvented SG1, made a new type of the same adventure,military sf idea.

With Atlantis still going they probably didn't want to directly compete against themselves and instead wanted to offer a slightly different viewing experience. I'd like to see an SG1 style program focusing more on the actual history and drawing on works of people like Zecharia Sitchin. Perhaps an SG-team lost in the past for more than just one episode ;-)

I had just watched ep. 1-2 from Stargate Universe and I was quite disappointed. the first episode from S. Atlantis was much more interesting and I'm still interested in this seria.

I love Stargate, I'm a fan since the original movie. My thoughts in this one are very mixed feelings. Compare to my enjoyment of the premiere of the old Stargates this one was boring. For me what save the premiere was the character of Dr. Nicholas Rush (Robert Carlysle), his character make me want to see what is waiting ahead. The military was a big dissapointment and I never have that problem with the other versions where they're one of the biggest strong points. Very slow pacing and not a lot of action that is what hooked me to this franchise. Having say all that, I'm waiting for next episode to see how it progress.

Other than the original film, which I didn't much like because I've had it upto my eyeballs with Egyptian Pyramids being linked to aliens, I can't say I know what the hullabaloo is all about.

I probably caught 6-8 episodes of the first spin-off series starring Richard Dean Anderson and I thought well of it, but, if what I watched last night of Stargate Universe is any indication of what's to come... yikes, I'd prefer watching the grass grow.

Chalk up another loser for the SyFy channel.

How is it a loss because you dont like it ? Stargate has a big fan base. We will watch it, i enjoyed the pilot ep of this.

Stargate SG1 made the franchise the biggest MGM has along with Bond. There are those of us who like the premise and made it big.

Its just not for you.