Werewolves in Fantasy

I love "Lila the Werewolf." Dark humor, but hilarious.

Randy, in the movie I am thinking of, I am pretty sure the werewolf was a young woman.

So it was in that movie. Nina Foch.

Randy M.
(can you spoil an 70+ year old movie)

Then it might have been the one. I saw it on TV when I was in my teens and I am sure it was an old movie at that time.

I Googled it. It lists an alternate title, "Daughter of the Werewolf," which rings a bell.

But speaking of bells, I seem to remember a scene with a clock tower, which is why I always remembered the movie I saw taking place in London. Is there an ominous shot of a clock tower in the movie you mention, Randy?

Well, I just watched "Cry of the Werewolf" on Amazon Prime. I am pretty sure it is the one, Randy. I think the clock they kept showing on the mantle was what stuck in my mind as the face on a clock tower. I remember the secret passage, and there were some brief flashes of familiarity during some of the scenes. I can't be 100 percent sure—it was over fifty years ago that I watched it before, and not even the whole thing, because I walked into the room while someone else was watching it on the TV and I think it was near the end—but very nearly certain.

It was not a very good movie, I have to say. Not one I would recommend. But thank you for helping me find out what it was after all these years.

You're right, it's not all that good. I watched it mainly because I vaguely recalled Nina Foch from her TV appearances in the '60s and was curious what she was like when younger. She was really pretty good for a 21 year old carrying a movie.

I haven't read much in the way of werewolves, but Stephen King's Cycle of the Wolf in the nineties was pretty goo. If I remember rightly, it was a novella, but with some nice artwork in it. Sadly, I don't have it anymore to check.

I'm surprised Anne Rice didn't write anything on werewolves, either. I know they featured in some of here Vampire Chronicles books. (Didn't Lestat have a run in with a werewolf in Tales of the Body Thief?)

Slightly related, I am pleased that the movie "We're Wolves" based on What We Do In The Shadows is being made into a movie. Could be lots of fun.

"The Black Wolves of Boston" by Wen Spencer. Oddly "Wolf Who Rules" by the same author is not about a werewolf although there are some animal-human hybrids in that series.

Screenshot_20201220-185835.jpg