Stu the Cockatoo is new at the zoo.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by thatollie, Aug 12, 2009.

thatollie

thatollie Kraken Addict

Hi, I'm Ollie. I've been taking writing seriously (but not too seriously) for about 3 years. My backlog of material is somewhere around 1000 pages, about 200 of it is SF/F.

It's probably obvious that I haven't introduced myself in a forum for a long time. These messages are easier to respond to than write. But I'm really excited to be here and can't wait to critique and be critiqued.

Thanks.
    The Ace

The Ace Aye fur Alba

Hi and welcome aboard. :) Ignore the giant spider, she's only after your pringles.:rolleyes:
    chrispenycate

chrispenycate resident pedantissimo Staff Member

Easier to respond to? You have evidently not visited many sites where creative genius is expended in welcomes. Oh, certainly, there are those who consider a monosyllabic grunt an adequate response, but crafting a tailored individual answer to one who deigns to join us in this idyllic spot can be an artform in itself.

Welcome to this disreputable gang of rogues and worse. The sleep deprivation, judging by the hour at which you posted your declaration of existence, should not be an excessive problem to you. The addiction is just that; it would be easy enough to hold off with will power, but who would want to?

So, if you've discovered critiques you might know what I do. Be not afeared; diversity is the watchword, and there are few (but oh, how determined a minority) determined to take the watch apart to demonstrate the irregularity of the cogs; it is probably no coincidence "analysis" starts with "anal". But we look forward to dismembering your work (I'm still hoping for an answer to my job application to the Spanish inquisition), and whatever revenge critiques you might manage in response.

Did you bring Pringles? Not essential, admittedly; could an exoskeletal lifeform get fat, she doubtless would be, but – oh, who? Freda. You'll meet her. A slightly oversized spider.

Well, not doubt we will meet in 'aspiring writers'…
    AE35Unit

AE35Unit ]==[]===O °

Welcome to the zoo Stu,what a wallaballoo!
    Its al'ays good too see someone new.
    SpaceShip

SpaceShip Outta sight

Welcome thatollie - if a zoo is what you are looking for, then a zoo you will find. Some are more zoolike than others but, hey, that's the name of the game eh?
    thatollie

thatollie Kraken Addict

Thanks for the timely and entertaining reponses.
    Hilarious Joke

Hilarious Joke Fool

Welcome Ollie.

Legally, your soul belongs to the Chron now. Yay!
    Xelebes

Xelebes New Member

New view, Stu! Was in Kalamazoo
    To check up on you but, a-hoo
    A hullabaloo by Sue knew what not to do.
    I hope many fragrant trips to the loo
    will pardon this gobble-di-goo
    Because I will accrue a new crew
    To tew, hew and redo this mew,
    Pee-yoo!
    Grimward

Grimward Where matter vanishes...

Hello Ollie, and welcome to The Chrons.

If your material is evenly divided across the other, non SFF genres (*Momentarily looks like a Sicilian* What? Genres other than SFF? Inconceivable!:D), why, you must be busy working on 4 other introductions. I will take pity on you, then, and scrupulously avoid sentences that end with phonetic 'oo' (besides this one).

May many happy hours here by yours,

Grim
    Dr.Jackson

Dr.Jackson Certified Space Monkey

Hello and Welcome to Chrons, more like a safari park than a zoo, but with less warning signs, or exits.