Writing a story, and have some questions about publishing

Discussion in 'Publishing' started by Trenton, May 12, 2009.

Trenton

Trenton New Member

I live in the US and have been writing a story for quite a few months now. I like it and other peers have liked it, but I'm just worried about the length. I had planned on making the story a 4-5 series. However, I don't know if I should merge some stories together. I'm maybe three quarters of the way done with the first story, but it's only 53k words. At the most I may end up with 70k-75k words and from what I've heard, that's not really enough. I don't really know where to add more into my story. I was just wondering if there was a series of 4-5 all 70k-75k long, would it really sell and would publishers really take it?

I'm only 19 and this writing is not the profession I planned to go into. If it could work, however, I would love to because I've always had a passion for writing. I love to just write for fun.
    dustinzgirl

dustinzgirl Mod of Awesome

Why don't you finish writing it and then worry about publishing? Trust me, finishing something is the first and hardest part of writing.

If you have 4-5 books of 70k words, you have two novels of 140k words. Which is way more publishable in sf/f.