Worst Actor

I disagree about Keanu Reeves, even though he seems to be a popular mention here. Not everyone is a very emotional person, so I don't see that as a flaw. I find him believable in the roles he plays.

I'll go with Hayden Christiansen. He tries too hard and his attempts at emotion-driven scenes look fake. For women, Madonna wins hands down. I can't think of any others that are quite as unbelievable as she is.

The guy would be Daniel Day Lewis, and whilst I've not liked him in more recent roles he was amazing in In The Name of the Father.

And the woman is Gwyneth Paltrow, who I will agree with you about her. I have liked her in 2 movies, and one of those was because she ends up with her head in a box.

If one or a few bad roles is enough then you might as Well mention Brando,Pacino,De Niro etc as the worst actor too.

All great actors has some bad roles.

Day-Lewis is one of few actors of his caliber left. He is this generation version of Al Pacino. Very intense,great actor. There Will be Blood would have been a lame movie without his acting. Same with Gangs of New York.

Kathryn I'm with you........Bill and Ted were brilliant...

Daniel Day-Lewis, that's the one! Gangs of New York?? Good acting, you cannot be serious!!! Unless you like cartoon characters, of course. Stupid moustache, he aged about 10 minutes over thirty years, and his idea of menacing made me laugh out loud. There will be blood was just the same, I was on the virge of giggles throughout, at his performance. BUT, in his defence, I loved Last of the Mohicans, and I haven't seen In the Name of the Father, so I'll sit on the fence for now......

Have to second (third, fourth, etc.) William Hurt. Always leaves me flat. And so does Andie MacDowell, for some reason.....

Kathryn I'm with you........Bill and Ted were brilliant...

Daniel Day-Lewis, that's the one! Gangs of New York?? Good acting, you cannot be serious!!! Unless you like cartoon characters, of course. Stupid moustache, he aged about 10 minutes over thirty years, and his idea of menacing made me laugh out loud. There will be blood was just the same, I was on the virge of giggles throughout, at his performance. BUT, in his defence, I loved Last of the Mohicans, and I haven't seen In the Name of the Father, so I'll sit on the fence for now......

See his other early films like In The Name of the Father.

If you like The Last Mohicans which is his only mainstream,simple hollywood heroic role then i would geuss you wont like his other roles who are more serious,intense ala There Will Be Blood.

See his other early films like In The Name of the Father.

If you like The Last Mohicans which is his only mainstream,simple hollywood heroic role then i would geuss you wont like his other roles who are more serious,intense ala There Will Be Blood.

Daniel Day-Lewis both won and deserved the Oscar for his portrayal of Christy Brown in My Left Foot. He really got into that role.

My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown (1989)

Keanu is good in a limited amount of roles, like yes in Bill and Ted he was good and in the Day the Earth stood still he was great as an unemotional alien, but he cant do accents ( ie Bram Stokers Dracula & Much Ado about nothing) and his emotive range is limited. I still like looking at him though :rolleyes:

Worst male actors:

Tom Green
Steven Segal
Kevin Spacey (he is definitely no Lex Luthor)
Eddie Murphy
Any Rap/Hip-Hop/R&B artist turned actor

Worst female actors:

Jennifer Lopez
Beyonce
Queen Latifah
The women from Desperate Housewives

Day-Lewis is one of few actors of his caliber left. Very intense,great actor. There Will be Blood would have been a lame movie without his acting.

Once again I absolutely agree about this amazing actor (sorry I left out the mentioning of Al Pacino in the quote since I never liked him especially his voice).

As for the worst actors, I'm afraid my list is long, long. I don't know from whom to start.

I do think it's possible that sometimes we blame the actor when it was actually the directing that was abominable.

Worst male actors:

Any Rap/Hip-Hop/R&B artist turned actor

Whilst I would normally agree with this, there are exceptions

.Tupac Shakur turned in a rather good performance next to Tim Roth in Gridlock'd (not the greatest movie, but it did show the guy had an ability to act.) And Mos Def in 16 blocks I thought was very good.

All of the other rappers and what not who think they can act, though. Most are terrible, and really shouldn't give up their day jobs.

Also....Kevin Spacey?

One bad film doesn't make him a bad actor, try watching many of his good movies, like Seven, The Usual Suspects or K-Pax and tell me the guy can't act.

Arguably, those actors who only seem to know one character and do it (albeit very well) throughout their careers. Clint Eastwood and Jack Nichleson come to mind...

Just out of curiousity, has anyone here tried to act? Even badly, It's not as easy as people might think.

Just out of curiousity, has anyone here tried to act? Even badly, It's not as easy as people might think.

Good point. Has anyone seen the old PBS film, Who Am I This Time? It's about people trying to act in a community play. Featuring Susan Sarandon and Christopher Walken, it provides some unexpected insights. Highly recommended (by me, at least).

by Rodders

I resemble that remark!! I can act really, really bady, without any effort at all, it's just a natural skill I have.....

OHMIGOD........Queen Latifah!!!! She's better then me at acting badly, and she gets paid for it!! Where's my agent??

Back