Chrons keeps droppping out

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Duchessprozac, May 7, 2009.

Duchessprozac

Duchessprozac New Member

I've a quick question and I'm not sure if it's a problem on my end or if it's server side.

Basically, On occassions, which have been happening quite regularly, Firefox keeps telling me it can't find the Chrons.

I've used both my bookmark to the forums and via google and it keeps burping up the same message, which is the typical firefox response that it would if one tired to connect to a non existent website or if not connected to the net.

I'm just wondering if I'm the only one getting this or if it's a known issue, as I've not seen mention of it anywhere.
    j d worthington

j d worthington Moderator Staff Member

Had this happen a while back, yet, but I don't use Firefox. It lasted for a few hours, then cleared up; no problem of the sort since....
    Karn Maeshalanadae

Karn Maeshalanadae Why?

I'd check your internet connection or possible firewall, DP, because I use Fire Fox and sometimes get that message when my wireless network is unresponsive.
    HoopyFrood

HoopyFrood Iago with a Blackberry

I use Firefox and I have the same problem, quite regularly. And only the Chrons, it would seem. I just have to refresh the page and it comes back eventually.
    pyan

pyan Fortiter et recte! Staff Member

I had the same problem with Firefox, but not just with Chrons - it used to crop up quite regularly with several bookmarked sites. As Hoopy said, reloading the page seemed to clear it, but after I swopped to Opera, it hasn't recurred since (touch wood...:p).

Try another browser for a spell, and see if you still get the message.
    Brian Turner

Brian Turner Brian G. Turner Staff Member

We had issues with another site on the server being hit by a DDoS attack, bringing down everything down, in March.

However, I'm not aware of anything awry going on at present.

My immediate suspicion is that the error message may be cached in your browser, in which case, either emptying your browser cache, or refreshing a few times, should help.

However, if there is a continued issue of being unable to connect, please do post times here (Universal time, if possible) so I can compare with the server records, and see if there really are any small outages happening on the server, or whether it's likely to be a routing issue with the ISP.
    Duchessprozac

Duchessprozac New Member

I have tried to load the forums in IE7 when I have the error and it tells me the page is unavailable.

Clearing the cache was the first thing I tried, but it hasnt helped.

As a couple of others have mentioned, refreshing the page will eventually bring the page up but it usually takes a minute or two before it works.

Its happens very frequently throughout the day and Ive not noticed a pattern in when it happens but Ill start to log the times and hopefull thatll shed some light on the matter.