Favourite quotes?

'It was an impressive display of good food abused in the name of fashionable cooking.' - Assassin's Apprentice.

The first one that comes to mind...I'll find more later.

of course when you're drinking and singing you don't see the blood, or smell the burning flesh or hear the screams.

but that's understandable.

have you ever tried to find a rhyme for dismembered child?

There is no way to pick one favorite quote of Robin Hobbs. An amazing author with lots of interesting ideas and target hitting quotes. I'll just toss out a few of my favorites and get this rolling. :) (A few might be misquoted -- copy and pasted some of my favorites for insperation a couple years ago)

"How do you politely explain to someone that you believed for years he was a moron as well as a Fool?"
-Fitz

"It is a heady thing to be suddenly proclaimed the center of someone's world, even if that someone is an eight-week-old puppy."
-Fitz

"However, when all roads lead to death, there is no point in running down any of them."
-Fitz

"When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool, you end up sounding like a moron instead."
-Burrich

"First, let me introduce you to yourself."
-Chade

"Don't do what you can't undo, until you've considered what you can't do once you've done it."
-King Shrewd

"I know boys aren't that way. They don't learn, or grow, or have manners when you're looking at them. But turn away, and turn back, and there they are, smarter, taller, and charming everyone but their own mothers."
-Lacey

"Sometimes, it would be much easier to die for one's king than to give one's life for him."
-Chade

"The most distinctive part of your fighting style is the incredible way you have of surviving it."
-Verity

"Why do you chop your life into bits and give the bits names? Hours, days. It is like a rabbit. If I kill a rabbit, I eat a rabbit. When you have a rabbit, you chop it up and call it bones and meat and fur and guts. And so you never have enough."
-Nighteyes

"Fishing and ear scratching. The two reasons men were given hands."
-Nighteyes

"But some children, from the time they are small, they look up at a blue summer sky and watch for something that never comes. Because they know. Something that was supposed to be there faded and vanished. Something that we must bring back, you and I."
-The Fool

"Adventure? Puking and eating fishy food? Going up and down, up and down all the time? Going around people who wonder why I'm not dead? I heard adventures in stories. Adventures have golden coins and magic and beautiful girls to kiss. Adventures aren't puking!"
-Thick

"Anger he could deal with better than this deep melancholy. To deal with anger, all you had to do was shout back louder than your opponent."
-Paragon

"Some friendships go deeper than madness or common sense."
-Brashen

And finally, my favorites outta the lot that I have saved and the most meaningful ...

"History is no more fixed and dead than the future. The past is no further away than the last breath you took."
-Narrator

"Half the evil in their world occurs while decent people stand by and do nothing wrong. It's not enough to refrain from evil, Trell. People have to attempt to do right, even if they believe they cannot succeed."
-Amber

"Before you kill him, think of what you take from him. Remember what it is to be alive."
-Nighteyes