Bands/Artists You Loathe

Discussion in 'Music' started by Duchessprozac, Apr 22, 2009.

Duchessprozac

Duchessprozac New Member

We all have them, there are bands or artists out there that just rub you the wrong way. Perhaps its the singers awful voice, or the insipid lyrics, or even just that the songs are so infectious they annoy you after being stuck in your head for a week.

So come and tell us your most hated bands/artists/musicians.

I'll give a heads start with a handful ( I have a long, long list.)

Nickleback - awful cod rock, I have no idea why people like them, but I imagine these are the same people that think you need to own an assault rifle to protect your home and date their cousins.

Limp Bizkit - Fred Durst has one of the most irritating voices in metal, and the music he makes is absolute drivel.

Coldplay - okay they have gotten better over time but they still have a long way to go before I forgive them for Yellow, and now they just sound like they want to be U2, which leads me onto...

...U2 - They were good many, many years ago. Up to and including The Joshua Tree, but after that their music became increasingly annoying, and I'm not going to go into what I think of Bono.
    AE35Unit

AE35Unit ]==[]===O °

Ooh controversial! All those bands I like apart from floppy biscuit.
    Altho I only have one Nickle Back album,Sunny Side Up or summat,I like it. What the hell is cod rock? Whats fish got to do with it? ;)
    Bands I don't like? Gawd how long you got?
    Err Nirvana. Bad noisy sore throat guy,heard his own music so shot himself.
    Michael Jackson his old stuff was boring and then he got weird. I honestly do think he's an alien.
    Prince. Great in 84 but now he SO loves himself. Literally!
    Blink 182. Someone pull the plug and tell these guys punk died ages ago!
    Oasis. Most bands want to be the Sex Pistols or The Clash,but these muppets set their sights higher. They actually believe that they are as good as the Beatles! Or even better than. Get a life guys and learn the word o r i g i n a l
    The Fugees. They did a cover of Killing me Softly. Nuff said!
    Pet Shop Boys
    The 80s went that a way. Go join them!
    Elvis
    Please leave building. Permanently!
    Thank you very much!
    BookStop

BookStop If you see a stranger...

So far, agreeing with most of y'all's picks (except Elvis - dude - he put out music that is catchy and endearing although not the type of thing you'd listen to every day being as it's rather archaic).

I add Alison Krauss, Cowboy Junkies, Five for Fighting, Madonna, Tracy Chapman, and most things country.
    Majimaune

Majimaune Actum pro novus diem

Agreeing with most. Blink is good in small doses, so is Nirvana. U2, only the old stuff. Oasis aren't as good as they think they are but they do have a couple of good songs.

Okay my additions are Muse. HATE THEM!
    The White Stripes. Jack, you are so much better when your not doing music with your wife.
    Queens of the Stone Age. Alright, you had one good album and that was where you had Dave Grohl.
    Nine Inch Nails, need I say more?
    Daft Punk. Yep you got that right.

And anyone else who does covers when they clearly can write their own music.
    AE35Unit

AE35Unit ]==[]===O °

There's one White Stripes song i do like but can't remember the title. The video is well cool,instruments just appearing out of thin air in repetition so first a drum kit appears,then another etc till there's a line of them on the screen together.
    But as usual MTV etc only ever play that one song of theirs so i don't know what their stuff is like in general! I'll agree with you on daft punk. I saw one the other day and it was a man with a dog's head trying to make it in the big city. There was a tune there repeated but just talking all the way thru. And this is music!?
    But dude Nine Inch Nails? Ok i only heard two albums and only have Pretty Hate Machine on my shelf but they don't out an album very often. I do have Further down the spiral but its like a re mix thing and I'm not a fan of that kind of tinkering. One thing to thank them for. They gave an old legend a cracking song to cover. Johnny Cash's version of Hurt is amazing!
    nj1

nj1 monkey is magic

SECONDED, I hate U2 with a passion and have to turn off the radio/Tv if they're on! Can't stand Bono, especially when he starts preaching about global poverty. The man's got MILLIONS,
    (Theres a great South Park episode where Bono turns out to be a giant turd, strange but true?)

Also a deep dislike for Nickleback. Just looking a the dude makes me want to punch him!!

Other bands i can't stand -
    Any, and I do mean Any Boy-band.
    Morrisey, can't stand him either, what a misserable git!!
    nj1

nj1 monkey is magic

Also seconded :p, Oasis, funniest thing I ever say was when someone pushed Noel into the crowd and 'hard-man' Liam squared up to said fan. Hysterical.:D
    Tillane

Tillane Left-minded

That'll be The Hardest Button To Button. Top tune - but then I really like The White Stripes. I know what you mean about MTV, mind: you'd think Seven Nation Army was the only song they'd ever done...

I think I mentioned Crowded House and The Beautiful South on another thread, and I'll very happily add "any act created, discovered or otherwise sponsored by the evil Cowell."

Oh, and Britney Spears.
    gully_foyle

gully_foyle Here kitty kitty kitty!

nj1 I love you. We are soul mates.

Being Australian means I can't tell you how much I loathe Cold Chisel.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Wybren

Wybren Crooked Warden

Nirvana, highly overrated for Kurt's vocal ability, I could probably listen to them if Dave had been the vocalist
    Madonna *cough*hag*cough*
    Britney Spears - and most other disney hacks except Christina as she actually has talent.
    Jay Z, 50 cent, flo rider, most other rappers
    Anyone who has won or been on xfactor or any version of Idol
    Oasis again highly overrated drivel.
    Nickelback and that band that is kind of like a younger Nickelback, Hinder I think they are called. (the lead singer from them was on a radio show here not too long ago and they called up this random number and sang to the person who answered and she was like "who is this" and he says "blah blah from hinder what are you doing tonight" and she says "yeah nothing much, just a quiet night in" and he goes " so do you want to come to our show, I have back stage passes" and she goes "no I think I will just stay in")
    Insane Clown Posse
    Delta Goodrem
    Kylie and Danii Minogue

Sure you can Gully, If I can loathe the singing budgie you can loathe cold chisel.
    nj1

nj1 monkey is magic

I was never really bothered by BS, never liked her music but she never really annoyed me either. That was until she started Synthecising her voice, now she really bugs me. It's like when Cher got old and couldn't sing any more she used a synthecisor to hide her voice and made me her hate even more!!

Rant over:D

(and before the spelling police chirp in, I know i've probably spelt Synthecisor wrong :confused:)
    Wybren

Wybren Crooked Warden

OHH That is one thing I hate, is voice synthesizers (however it is spelled) I think it is a sign of someone who is lacking in vocal ability. If you cant do it live without effects you shouldn't do it at all.
    HoopyFrood

HoopyFrood Iago with a Blackberry

People hate Queens of the Stone Age? And White Stripes?? The horror!

I can't stand Rihanna. She has the whiniest, most nasal voice ever known to humankind.
    I hate the Pussycat Dolls for the image that they push and the god-awful lyrics they have, especially seeing as they are a group aimed at girls of a certain age (plus their songs are crap).
    The Kooks - another group that has someone with an awful voice.
    Kate Nash - someone who is actually more chavvy sounding than Lily Allen, who'd've thunk. I would've added the latter here a while ago, but then she made that darned catchy The Fear song.
    Oh, that new girl with that stupid Love Story song. I don't know her name, nor do I particularly want to. I absolutely hate that song, it's ridiculous.
    Emo-y sounding bands like Fall-out Boy. This is a bit of a sweeping hate, though, I admit. Sometimes they make all right songs. But they all sound similarly whiney.
    I'm starting to dislike Lady GaGa now, mainly because she's trying too hard to be different. I like when people don't go with the crowd, but some people just put in too much effort.
    Amy Whinehouse - she can sing, there's no denying that. But that hair!
    Lenny

Lenny Edit Ninja In Training

You forgot to mention Klaxons, Hoopy. :rolleyes:

---

I agree with a few people, but I'd like to take the following out of their lists: Nirvana, Oasis (OK, only some of their songs), MUSE! (c'mon!), Rihanna has a few decent songs, The Kooks, and Klaxons (because I know Hoopy meant to put them in).

Bands I can't stand include: White Stripes, Blink 182, Sum 41, most things my sister likes (Joanna Newsom, Patrick Wolf, Lady GaGa, all of the rubbish new music that I don't like), Simon Cowell bands, Emo bands (well, tagged as Emo - My Chemical Romance, Fallout Boy, PANIC! at the Disco). What else... oh yeah, the majority of boy bands (those that play instruments aren't always terrible, it's those that are just five guys singing that get me), girl bands (see: Boy Bands), RAPPERS, HIP-HOPPERS, R&Bers. None of them even deserve bolding.

And I think that's it... oh, anything from the Killers after Hot Fuss, and anything from Razorlight after Up All Night.
    HoopyFrood

HoopyFrood Iago with a Blackberry

The Klaxons aren't so much a hate, it's a physical reaction. I admit that they do have an interesting sound. Which is probably why it effects me so much when I hear them.

And yeah, throw Nirvana and Oasis back in. Classic groups.

I was also going to say about Razorlight; that their early stuff was great, but then they got too cocky and the later stuff is just naff.
    Lenny

Lenny Edit Ninja In Training

Alas, there are quite a few bands like that - I've already mentioned Killers, Kaiser Chiefs took their time about it but the third album is definitely naff, u2 has been mentioned, The Zutons latest was naff, as was the second from The Fratellis.

Ooooh! Another one for my hate list: The Strokes. They just do my nut in to no end.
    nj1

nj1 monkey is magic

I saw the Fratellis when they were opening for Kasabian a couple of years ago and they totally rocked. The first album was rock/punk which i love, After hearing the over-produced first song from the second album i just stayed well away. shame really
    The Ace

The Ace Aye fur Alba

Rap, in any form. It's music for people who can't hold a tune.

Country and Western . How can a people with neither history nor culture create folk music ?
    pyan

pyan Fortiter et recte! Staff Member

Just one - Oasis (pthah, pthah...)

Cheap Mancunian non-talented Beatles rip-off merchants...
    Connavar

Connavar New Member

Thats pretty ignorant.

How can you diss a hole music style. Im not a big fan of Rock but i dont go diss the hole form just because how some groups sing.

This thread is about artist,groups. Not dissing music forms imo....