Unable to post thread

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Nesacat, Mar 1, 2009.

Nesacat

Nesacat The Cat

I've been trying for most of the day to post a new thread under General Book Discussion and keep getting this error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/sffchron/public_html/forum/includes/functions_search.php on line 196

Is it just my PC?
    GOLLUM

GOLLUM Moderator Staff Member

Not sure Nesa.

I just created a test thread under GB with no problems but then I'm a moderator for that area so maybe you need to see if a general user has the same problem.

Sorry I can't help further but I've got to get some sleep right about now...

I'm sure you can post a query to one of the other mods when they appear online.

BTW check your PMs re Bolano and Allende.

Cheers and good luck....:)
    j d worthington

j d worthington Moderator Staff Member

Moving to feedback, where it will be more likely to garner the proper responses....
    Nesacat

Nesacat The Cat

Oops and thank you kindly JD :) I knew there was a proper place for the thread but was all flustered by the fatal error.
    Dave

Dave Wherever I Am, I'm There Staff Member

Sorry, but I can't reciprocate the problem myself either. I would guess therefore that it must have been some kind of temporary Server glitch, rather than a software problem that would need addressing. If it still continues to happen let us know because Brian would need to look at the garbled code.
    Nesacat

Nesacat The Cat

Thanks Dave ... rather unnerving being told by the masheen that I'd caused some fatal error.