New GRRM Update on ADWD

Then it's a good thing that I already speak Mandarin.

Yet, if I may be so bold as to attempt to get back to Westeros.... What if Westeros is not the island of Great Britain? What if Westeros is North America? Canadians are Starks. Lannisters are Hollywood. King's Landing is New York. Dorne is the Deep South.

I like it Boaz. Enough with the Euro-centric comparisons already. :D

I know, I know, we digressed severely there.

Seriously though, I usually don't complain but I'm growing tired of hearing about Jack Vance. Oh well, I'm off on vacation for 2 weeks so maybe when I get back there will be something new to talk about.

I think that makes the British Isles... Valyria... a smoking heap of ruins. Of course, then France and the Low Countries would be the Free Cities... <cough> free <cough> free <hack>.

I've got to stop drinking before lunch.

Setting aside a minor quibble - the Atlantic Ocean hardly qualifies as a Narrow Sea - what remains of Valyria is off the southern coast of Essos, suggesting that a combination of Sicilia** and the Ìsuli Eoli*** would make a more suitable analogue.

** - which hosts Etna
*** - including Stròmbuli

It's obviously Hawaii yeah. I mean, it's got a lot better now but do you remember the old days where the Hawaiian longboats used to raid the west coast and do a spot of rape and plunder?

...but do you remember the old days where the Hawaiian longboats used to raid the west coast and do a spot of rape and plunder?

Wasn't there a TV programme about those west coat "vikings", showing how they fought and burnt their way down the west coast fjords?

And wasn't it called Hawaii Fire Voe? :eek:;):)

Sheesh... You must be butter, 'cause you're on a roll!

One of whom thinks "coast" is spelt "coat".

(I must admit, I did like that one: who would've thought there was ever going to be a set up that would lead to that punch line? Put that down as a win for the Chrons.)

* deducts value of fine from the offending intern's paypacket. *

If you mean Vancouver Island, TSW, there may be a link: the largest city on the island is Victoria, and there is, of course, Victarion Greyjoy.

So any rumours on when ADWD will be released?

I've kinda forgotten how much I loved it and thinking if ADWD is taking this long I might as well forget the whole series err I be dead and gone by the time tis finished :)

or I could do a reread maybe?

So any rumours on when ADWD will be released?

I've kinda forgotten how much I loved it and thinking if ADWD is taking this long I might as well forget the whole series err I be dead and gone by the time tis finished :)

or I could do a reread maybe?
As Werthead is our main GO TO member on this apparently by May 2010, possibly a month earlier.

We shall continue to wait.....:rolleyes:

In the meantime GRRM has many other excellent works. If you like Vampire novels, other than Matheson's classic I Am Legend, I don't think you can beat Martin's brilliant Fevre Dream for title of best Vampire novel of the 20th Century.

Then there's the absolutely fantastic Dragon Of Dreams GRRM retrospective. Huge tome of his shorter fiction displaying his wide versatility in different Genres and one of the best collections I've ever read. I have all of Martin's published books and he is a fantastic writer!...............Why I suspect it becomes so frustrating when awaiting the release of ADWD.

He apprently read a chapter from ADWD this past weekend at Bubonicon in Albuquerque. I checked that other board and nobody knows yet what he read. Would be nice if it was something newish.

Wert?