What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Worms Armageddon, on ye olde Playstation disc. It's aged extremely well (about 15 years old, give or take). Tail end of 2-D graphics so it still looks relatively good and the gameplay's still cracking.

Slowly slogging my way through Diablo 2 (PC), I've named the barbarian after me and the rest of the characters after my cats (lol).
Farthest I've gotten so far is act 2, quest "The Tainted Sun", it's fun being a sorceress and throwing fireballs all over the place!

Playing Red Faction: Guerrilla at the moment, on Xbox 360... Its destruction mechanics are amazing. Blowing up buildings on mars piece by piece is so satisfying. And when you run out of explosives, you can get out your trusty sledge hammer and swing away like a loon. The story is weak though - you just drive from one place to another to blow up more stuff and rid mars of its oppressors. I can't see I'll ever play it again when I'm done, but it's fun at present.

I've also dabbled in a bit of Happy Wars multiplayer which has a lot of staying power, keeps drawing me back. What's not to enjoy from customizing your little cartoon dude and battling your way into the enemy castle. Mages, warriors and clerics all zooming about the field like tiny crack addicts.

Dragon Age: Inquisition. I have really mixed feelings. There's a lot I like (enormity of the world, voice-acting, the combat's grown on me, customisation) and some things I don't (graphics vary [hair looks pretty poor], loading times are long, there are a number of small bugs).

Overall, I am enjoying it rather a lot. The number of small issues is taking a little of the shine off.

Dragon Age: Inquisition. I have really mixed feelings. There's a lot I like (enormity of the world, voice-acting, the combat's grown on me, customisation) and some things I don't (graphics vary [hair looks pretty poor], loading times are long, there are a number of small bugs).

Overall, I am enjoying it rather a lot. The number of small issues is taking a little of the shine off.

Just started Dragon Age 2 again...I never finished it primarily because the lack of scenery. There is Kirkwall, and then a mountain. However, I still want to get through it for storyline reasons before I start Inquisition.

Well, scenery definitely abounds in Inquisition. Not too far in, but there's a lot of variety. Whatever else you can criticise it for, it's not just bigger than DA2, it absolutely eclipses it. The world might be bigger than Skyrim.

Doorkickers. Interesting little tactical top-down game of hostage rescue and terrorist elimination. I've recently discovered that I enjoy kicking in doors and throwing flash grenades about the place. Maybe I should have been a cop:)

Finished my first, fairly minimalist, playthrough of Dragon Age Inquisition. I won't spoil the scene, but there is one just after the credits which is rather fantastic. [NB, unlike previous games you can continue playing after the main storyline ends].

I agree with those who say the story is too slow early on (I'd say focus on story stuff until you reach the early major turning point, which you will absolutely know when you see it), but after that it's very good. Graphics could be better (hair especially is dodgy on PS3), voice-acting is usually good and often great, the decisions feel like they have weight (and are often life and death), but there's perhaps a bit of clutter in terms of the smaller quests.

I'll do a proper review when I've played some more of it. An early thoughts review is up here: http://thaddeusthesixth.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/early-thoughts-dragon-age-inquisition.html

Looking forward to this (keep the updates coming!) - Plugging away at pt 2 still. I'm sure that despite the lackluster graphics you report, it'll be a huge leap when I transition from this current one!

Ahem. In some regards you'll be disappointed.

Haven't tried making a human male yet, (if you're interested, I could mess about with it just to see), but the facial hair, including stubble, is often so awful as to be comical. Thankfully, Dorian's 'tache looks alright, but most others (admittedly, I only saw a couple up close during my story-focused first game) are not good and a clear step backwards from DA2. On the other hand, if you're playing on a next-gen console, it looks much better.

Red Dead Redemption - Fantastic story, cut scenes and voice cast. That's before we get to game play: a proper western with shootouts, cattle ranching, horse breaking, poker playing, wagon riding, hooch drinking, peasant swindling, outlaw catching, cactus dodging, dynamite exploding, spurs wearing goodness!!! (a must play for all) :D

Red Dead Redemption confounds me. I should love it. Great graphics, sound, voice-acting, the vistas are beautiful, the gameplay works well, the setting is unusual without being weird... but I don't. I tried to get into it twice. It just doesn't work for me and I don't know why.

I think 99% of people will like it.

Sorry to hear that Thaddeus, you gave it a go at least :) Perhaps the pacing is a bit slow.

I've missed the Dragon Age games so far, purely because I have Mass Effect 2 & 3 waiting to be played and after finishing Dark Souls and Skyrim I was looking for a change.

It's no tragedy :)

It was amongst the PS3 games I was considering selling here [Chrons, particularly given forthcoming VAT insanity, isn't a marketplace, though]. Maybe I'll end up giving it away. The problem is it's technically great and I really *should* like it... bah.

Dragon Age: Origins and Inquisition are very good. DA2 is the weaker of the series.

Mass Effect 2 is a fantastic game. I was a little less taken with 3 (perhaps because the disc I had did unkind things to my PS3) but it's still a good game.

Would like to finish Skyrim. So many games, so little time. Destiny, Assassin's creed Black sails, GTA 5, Sometimes I mess around with Minecraft, and I'd like to continue my Final Fantasy XIV sometime too. I just made warrior and bard. But then Elder Scrolls Online came out, it was ok, but there are things I wish I could do. Like be a thief. I should be able to break in wherever I want.:ninja: And have a thieves guild, and what about the dark brotherhood? I also miss picking up any object I want and selling it. If I can't pick it up, it shouldn't be in the game. :devilish: Oblivion and Skyrim have ruined me for that.
That's all so far. :)

I have a long list of games I have purchased on Steam during sales, but I rarely have time to play. The last thing I played was Borderlands 2. While a fun nonsense romp, I was disappointed at how short the story was and how much they expect you to repeat.

Old-school here - the classic 'Homeworld'

On a second, fuller, playthrough of Inquisition. Facial hair (from beards to stubble) looks bad in the character creator (had a little play last night just to see). It might be a larger beard with lighter hair might be alright, but it's still disappointing [Blackwall and Dorian have unique facial hair and it's not a problem for them].

If you have internet access with your console and played previous games (or even if you didn't but know some of the story) I'd really strongly advise using the Keep. I had the same issue with Mass Effect 2, the default world was practically the opposite of every choice I made. Not only that, certain characters may or may not return based on what you choose in the Keep.