What Game Are You Currently Playing?

Let me know. We can join up and help each other on raids. I'm in the process of gathering resources and bolstering defense a. Slow going.

Well after I finally lost my venerable XP PC of ten years standing a week ago to some sort of hard drive failure (knowing that this was the case for the past 6 months meant I was fully prepared so thankfully nothing lost...) Sad to see it go, it was a beast of a machine - albeit had a few upgrades to keep it current.

But now I've got beast 2.0 - 24G of ram, 2G graphics card, 2TB of disc space a 8 CPU 3.6 GHz Intel i7 and a new 23 inch widescreen monitor.

Slightly concerned about Windows 8.1 to begin with, but took to it like a duck to water, even managed to install and run my old Rome Total War perfectly.

But really gaming-wise I've been running Skyrim on it with all the settings on ultra...just beautiful!

I've played the first two Uncharted games, but didn't feel the need to try the third. They're enjoyable, but I prefer games that I can sink hundreds of hours into, as rule

This is exactly why I like uncharted. I don't have the time, ambition, or patience for a game that takes hundreds of hours. I've never gotten anywhere in an open world game, I get bored looking at the maps and figuring out what to do next. And if I'm going to spend hours leveling up, I feel like I might as well study/level up something in real life.

Not currently playing it obviously, but I am looking forward to Civilization: Beyond Earth. Comes out next month and I have it preordered. :)

I very rarely buys games on release, but Alien: Isolation looked too good to resist, and I'm not sorry I picked it up. So faithful to the movie, and amazingly atmospheric - and i still haven't even encountered the alien yet...

Not my sort of game, but what I've seen does make Alien: Isolation look good.

What are you currently playing in regards to video games? This thread will remain stickied until 2010, which sounds very science fiction.

For myself, I am replaying the Nintendo Wii's version of Resident Evil 4 from Ada's viewpoint. I am enjoying it immensely. The price tag of just under twenty U.S. dollars for a new copy sweetened the deal.

I recommend it for adult players interested in the horror genre. It is not, however, recommended for children due to zombie violence.
Have you played the game series " Fatal Frame" grate horror game. Made me jump quite a few times.

Ended up going for Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor. Have to say, I like it! Being a fan of the movies and never having read the books, I have no idea if Talion is even a cannon character. I'm focused more on the game play. Think Assassin's Creed mixed LOTR lore. Although the story may have nothing to do with the book, it's still good on its own. Plus, I'm 99% sure one of the main voice actors is Saren from Mass Effect.

Ended up going for Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor. Have to say, I like it! Being a fan of the movies and never having read the books, I have no idea if Talion is even a cannon character. I'm focused more on the game play. Think Assassin's Creed mixed LOTR lore. Although the story may have nothing to do with the book, it's still good on its own. Plus, I'm 99% sure one of the main voice actors is Saren from Mass Effect.

It's had a fantastic review on GINX TV. So much so that I am even considering picking it up (after I get a PS4, that is :D)

I'm currently struggling on chapter 18 of Resistance III - Love the franchise - which I discovered only two or three months ago - and a welcome change from the on-rails, repetitive bore-fest that was Uncharted I & II.

But really, I am just wishing time away until I can play AC: Unity, the new Star Wars: Battlefront, and the Mirror's Edge sequel. :whistle:

pH

I very rarely buys games on release, but Alien: Isolation looked too good to resist, and I'm not sorry I picked it up. So faithful to the movie, and amazingly atmospheric - and i still haven't even encountered the alien yet...

I keep being tempted by Alien: Isolation. It looks great but I know what'll happen - I'll buy it, play a couple of hours, get scared and never go back to it :giggle:

Maybe when it's in a Steam sale . . .

^^ Okay, I caved and got Alien: Isolation. Rather predictably, after playing the first hour, it's scared me witless and I had to take a break :giggle: - and I haven't seen the alien yet, either :D

Talk about atmosphere, though. In terms of evoking the look and feel of the first movie, it's perfect!

I avoid the games which can only be bad for your heart. I think Doom 3 was the last one I played and thought I felt palpitations.

I've been playing Dark Souls (finished recently), now at the end of Skyrim... So much game!

Looking forward to upgrading to Xbox one and trying titanfall and destiny.

I want to play Alien: Isolation, but I know I won't be able to take it!

I am, once again, back in Skyrim. What I love about it is that when you think you've found your niche, you try something else and it's equally awesome. I was always a sneaky assassin archer. Then I reluctantly tried magic -- loved it. Never wanted to be a fighter, but I'm doing it this time and, guess what, love it!

Also still finding new missions that I've never done before.

I want to play Alien: Isolation, but I know I won't be able to take it!

I am, once again, back in Skyrim. What I love about it is that when you think you've found your niche, you try something else and it's equally awesome. I was always a sneaky assassin archer. Then I reluctantly tried magic -- loved it. Never wanted to be a fighter, but I'm doing it this time and, guess what, love it!

Also still finding new missions that I've never done before.

I've just been a sneaky assassin archer :) So much damage. I felt let down by the destruction magic though, even when I got it to 100, it never quite packed the punch I expected. I'm enjoying the benefits of good smithing and enchanting though.

I'm hunting down some missions I missed.

I avoid the games which can only be bad for your heart. I think Doom 3 was the last one I played and thought I felt palpitations.

Oh crikey, I remember when I was playing Doom 3 and my cat picked one particularly scary moment to rub against my leg. I don't think I came down off the ceiling for about two hours :eek: :D

I was watching these two videos about Alien: Isolation just now. They quite amused me :giggle:

Lux Delux. Map: Imperium Romanum Expletus. Settings: Random armies, random countries. Biohazard: Light.