Cul's Sports Bar

Discussion in 'Sport' started by Culhwch, Jan 7, 2009.

Culhwch

Culhwch Not actually a dinosaur. Staff Member

[flicks switch; neon sign hums to life and begins blinking]

Hmm, possibly the first bar in the world owned and operated by a non-drinker...

Well, it's taken a while, but consistent pestering has finally seen the establishment of this fine Sports Forum by our esteemed leader, Brian. Thanks, big guy! I thought the first order of business should be to set up a sticky where we can just sit back, grab a glass of our favourite refreshing drink, and have a good chat about sports. I'll see about installing some big screens on the walls and get the satellite hooked up, but in the meantime, have at it!

Oh, and if anyone wants to venture a pithier name, I'm not averse to changing it...
    pyan

pyan Fortiter et recte! Staff Member

Cul, do you think it's worth stickying the two big football (NFL and soccer) threads?

Oh, and mine's a Stella, please...:)
    Tillane

Tillane Left-minded

*Wanders in and looks around the bar*

Very nice. Missing something though... Ah. Hang on.

*Jogs out of the door, reappearing a moment later carrying a bar stool with "Till" emblazoned in green leather upon its black and white seat. Glancing around the bar, Till carefully positions the stool in optimum position for the facilities, then proceeds to screw it into the floor.*

There we go. Sorted.;)
    J-Sun

J-Sun Active Member

Well, in Boston, TV, there was Sam Malone. And Cheers isn't a bad model to follow. ;)

Nice digs. *surveys the wall of screens* So I can finally watch NFL Network games in here?
    tangaloomababe

tangaloomababe Living in Paradise

MMmmmm. How fortuitous! The Australian Open is starting very soon, this could be a great place to catch all the action. Love a good tennis match!
    Bit early for anything to strong (its only 8.30am) maybe a coffee would be nice, just till lunch time at least!

"Takes a seat right next to Till and proceeds to negotiate alternate time usage of optimium chair!"
    Cayal

Cayal The Immortal Prince

Ha I was about to say the same thing.
    Ursa major

Ursa major Bearly Believable Staff Member

A Sports Forum: so that's why my post count has sprinted past both its value before the Crash of '08 and the 2000 mark!

(Thanks Cul and Brian.)

And while I'm not theoretically against alcohol, I rarely if ever drink it; so mine's an orange and lemonade, with ice. (Will Euros or Pounds do?)
    Culhwch

Indeed, mine darted past the three grand mark and I didn't even notice! Don't get too attached to those posts, though. I can't guarantee they'll stay, this being a general forum and all that...

Good idea on the stickies, Py, and I see they are already stuck.

Oh, and I never did see much of Cheers, so this is really the second fake bar in history to be owned and operated by a non-drinker...
    Ursa major

Tell me about it: I lost 350+ (now 441) when "6 Word Story" moved from the Workshop to The Lounge. (And about the same in the Crash.)
    pyan

pyan Fortiter et recte! Staff Member

I lost 400+ in the Crash, and gained about 100 here...so I'm still 300 down....

Mind you, they're not that important in the Great Scheme of Things, just nice to look at...sort of like Lamborghinis..:D
    Culhwch

Quality, not quantity!
    Ursa major

Hence all those posts containing only six words apiece. ;):)
    Majimaune

Majimaune Actum pro novus diem

Got any smirnoff double blacks Cul?

Hey did anyone watch the last day of the Sydney test match between Australia and South Africa. What a day. Actually I must say this series has been quite good. Good cricket and nothing off field.
    Culhwch

I'll need to see some ID, son.
    Hilarious Joke

Hilarious Joke Fool

Ha! I watched it, it was brilliant. Graeme Smith going on to the field with a broken hand and screwed up elbow was one of the most gutsy things I've seen in cricket. And yes the series was terrific.

I think you better keep him to OJs, Cul. :p
    Cayal

Cayal The Immortal Prince

I don't drink either...ever. Never have, never will.

I'll have a water.

I started listening to it a few overs before Steyn was out in the car. As soon as I pulled into the driveway Smith went out.

So I never saw any of it. Just heard it.
    Majimaune

Damn I left my wallet in the car :D

I was in the docters at the time and when I got back to the car Smith was in and I was like WHAT!? Amazing stuff. I raced home to see the end of it. That was a brilliant ball that bowled him.
    Hilarious Joke

Hilarious Joke Fool

There's some hope for our bowling attack I think. I'd like to see what Hilfenhaus can do.
    Majimaune

Go Dougy. Brilliant work from the Blacktown local. I played at the same club as him.
    Hilarious Joke

Hilarious Joke Fool

This just in: Hayden has not been selected in the twenty20 or one day squads.