Signing Events.

Liverpool is quite likely later in the year. I'm expecting to go there as part of the launch tour for Imperial Assassin, but the programme has not been confirmed yet.

Mark,
How have the rest of the signings gone recently? Earlier messages suggested you had a few planned for June and July - all done? Any more in the wings...?
Cheers,
Patrick.

Patrick, I've done several events recently, including the double signing with Amanda Hemingway. All have gone very well. Brent Cross is always good. My event up in Middlesbrough was surprisingly successful, given that I doubt anyone had ever heard of me before up there. Milton Keynes last weekend was excellent as well.

Coming up:

WH Smith, Northampton on 9th 10th and 12th of August.
WH Smith, Brent Cross on 1st and 2nd September.

I'm currently putting together a 6 day joint tour with Amanda in late November. Venues confirmed are: Bromsgrove, High Wycombe, Oxford and Burton on Trent (where we will be joined by Freda Warrington for a triple signing event). Currently awaiting confirmation from Coventry and Banbury.

My official tour will be much wider reaching this time - starting in N. London and finishing somewhere in Scotland. Details will follow when I have them.

Mark Robson said:
My official tour will be much wider reaching this time - starting in N. London and finishing somewhere in Scotland. Details will follow when I have them.

Sounds great - let me know if/when you get any Scotland dates penned in - I don't have many media contacts up here, but the Scottish press always seems to love any story based in Scotland - best selling YA author doing a book signing up here may raise a few eyebrows - once I know the area you're visiting, I could always make a few phone calls to see if there's any interest to cover it.

I said:
Sounds great - let me know if/when you get any Scotland dates penned in ... I could always make a few phone calls to see if there's any interest to cover it.

Brian, I'll be sure to do that. Any media coverage would be a bonus. I'll post a list of dates as soon as we have confirmations.

Both Banbury and Coventry have been quick to confirm, so the joint tour at the end of November is now set in slow drying concrete. I'll re-post this closer to the time, but for interest's sake, Amanda and I will be found:

20 November - Banbury Ottakars
21 November - Coventry Ottakars
22 November - Bromsgrove Ottakars
23 November - Burton on Trent Ottakars
24 November - High Wycombe Ottakars
25 November - Oxford Waterstones

Of course many of the stores listed as Ottakars will most likely have the Waterstones signs over the doors by then, but those in the local areas should know which shops I mean.

Mark Robson said:
Both Banbury and Coventry have been quick to confirm, so the joint tour at the end of November is now set in slow drying concrete. I'll re-post this closer to the time, but for interest's sake, Amanda and I will be found:

20 November - Banbury Ottakars

I'll see you there - it's in the diary! Can I bring some of my work's Book Club along? I think several of them would be quite excited to meet a real author (and buy his book, obviously)!

Patrick Mahon said:
I'll see you there - it's in the diary! Can I bring some of my work's Book Club along? I think several of them would be quite excited to meet a real author (and buy his book, obviously)!

Patrick, you can bring as many people as you like! Bus loads if you wish. :D It will be great to see you again. Your book club people will also, of course, get the chance to meet Amanda Hemingway as well, so they can pick the brains of two authors at the same time.

I look forward to seeing you there.

Hi Mark

Confused again - Just read on your site that 15th Oct will be an oportuinty to get hold of first copies of Imperial Spy but I've just ordered this from Amazon and they say it's in stock.

jackokent said:
Hi Mark

Confused again - Just read on your site that 15th Oct will be an oportuinty to get hold of first copies of Imperial Spy but I've just ordered this from Amazon and they say it's in stock.

I think you'll find that's Imperial Assassin, the next in the series. It's officially not launched until 6th November, so this is likely to be the earliest you will find copies available. I shall also have copies of Imperial Assassin at the Heffers event.

Going to be in WH Smith, Cheltenham on Friday/Saturday this week - 23 & 24th Feb 07 - if anyone is interested to come and have a chat.

Hope to see you there. :)

Coming to Cardiff Waterstones next Saturday (10 Mar 07). Any Welsh members likely to be around the capital, who might drop in and say hello?

Hi mark,
Coming back to Bristol anytime soon? Or whenever?:)

I've been wondering if you might show up here! Welcome to Chronicles, Matt. :)

I do plan to come back to Bristol later in the year around the launch time for Imperial Traitor and then again during the mad Christmas season. We must arrange to meet for lunch again. Fish and chips up in the food court was great last time.

Nice to see you here. I hope you'll join in with some of the discussions and have a look around at some of the other author boards and sections here. It's a great site.

Best to your family. :)

Mark, is there a chance you might be coming to Baltimore sometime?

Baltimore! Well, I'll never say never, that's for sure. At the moment I'm not published on your side of the Atlantic, Michael, but I'm positive that it's just a matter of time before I make that step, so I'll have to wait and see.

I came across to the US many times in my previous life as a Royal Air Force pilot, but I don't think I ever came to Baltimore. I'll have to check in my log book, but I think I'd remember if I'd been there.