Signing Events.

dwndrgn said:
I hope you did well on the quiz! I love those types of things. Tell us about it when you get the chance.

The quiz was great fun. 100 questions - 10 in each of 10 categories. The authors came third overall, which was a respectable result out of about 30 teams from all over London. Other authors there were: Caroline Lawrence, Echo Freer, Robert Muchamore, Mary Hooper and Julia Jarman. We all went out for a pub meal afterwards and compared notes on life, writing and the trials of working with young people! I must have had a good time, as I'm doing it again this week in another area final. I know that Katherine Langrish is going to be at this one, but I'm not sure which other authors are going to be there.

I should be at the one in high wycombe....my mum works at the courts there so my dad is going to take me to ottakars and ill stay until my mum finishes work.
see you there:)

Balinor said:
I should be at the one in high wycombe....my mum works at the courts there so my dad is going to take me to ottakars and ill stay until my mum finishes work.
see you there:)

I look forward to seeing you there, Balinor. It will be my pleasure to meet you. :)

Hey Mark, please come over the border into Scotland. I would love it to see you

hello mark i was at the cheltnem(pardon spelling) signing by chance, baught the whole set in one go, read them all within the month! brillaint books i look forward to your over novels

charles said:
hello mark i was at the cheltnem(pardon spelling) signing by chance, baught the whole set in one go, read them all within the month! brillaint books i look forward to your over novels

Charles, great to hear that you've enjoyed my work. Welcome to the Chronicles website. :) As you've enjoyed my work, I'm sure that the many other fantasy buffs here will be quick to recommend lots of other good authors.

Not long now to wait for Imperial Spy, and as you will see from one of the other threads, I've now finished the draft for the first sequel, Imperial Assassin.

Yippppeeeeeeeeeeeeee. We have a brilliant Ottakers Store in Ayr, please come to that, but if not we will be getting a Waterstones I think coming after March.

Let me know if your coming!!!!!!

DISASTER:eek: ... i phoned up the High wycombe branch on the 15th but they said you were going to be there on the 16th. I went on the 16th and they told me you had come on the 15th!:eek:

They said you might be back in Jan so ill try to see you then

Balinor said:
DISASTER:eek: ... i phoned up the High wycombe branch on the 15th but they said you were going to be there on the 16th. I went on the 16th and they told me you had come on the 15th!:eek:

They said you might be back in Jan so ill try to see you then

It's more likely to be February or March, Balinor, but not to worry. I'm sure we'll meet at some point. I should find out my venues for the tour at the end of the month shortly (within the next week). As soon as I have these, I will plan a more sedate programme of my own to travel to as many parts of the UK as I can through the rest of the year.

Hope to see you in the next couple of months.
:)

Well, it appears that I'm not going quite as far afield on my little S & S tour as I first expected. I will be looking to get some dates further north over the coming months - I think I'll organise my own little tour up there. Here's what I'm up to over the coming weeks:

30 Jan 06 - Ottakars, Worthing - phone store for timings.
31 Jan 06 - Ottakars, Putney - Phone for timings.
01 Feb 06 - Ottakars, Bracknell - phone for timings.
02 Feb 06 - Ottakars, Basingstoke - phone for timings.
03 Feb 06 - Ottakars, Bromsgrove - phone for timings.
04 Feb 06 - Ottakars, Cheltenham - 10am - 5pm.
08 Feb 06 - Ottakars, Banbury - 10am - 5pm.
09 Feb 06 - Ottakars, Burton on Trent - 10am - 5pm.
10 Feb 06 - Ottakars, High Wycombe - 10am - 5pm.
13 Feb 06 - The Book Shop, Abingdon - 10am - 5pm.
16 Feb 06 - Ottakars, Witney - 10am - 5pm.
17-18 Feb 06 - WH Smith, Cheltenham - 10am - 5pm.
24-25 Feb 06 - WH Smith, Northampton - 10am - 5pm.
02 Mar 06 - Ottakars, Milton Keynes - phone store for timings.
04 Mar 06 - Waterstones, Oxford - 10am - 5pm.
17-18 Mar 06 - WH Smith, Brent Cross - 10am - 5pm.

Some of the signings during the first five days will be very short, as I'm going to be speaking in schools during the mornings and afternoons of most of those days. Hence I suggest anyone wishing to meet me at these venues phone the appropriate store to get accurate details of when I'll be there.

:O the 8th of feb in banbury
hopefully i'll be able to go there as my aunt lives in banbury.
perhaps i'll have the honour of meeting you ther Mark

unfortunately it turns out i can not go to that one in banbury but i am able to visit the 18th march one in brent cross

Great. I'll see you there. Last time I was in that venue, they put me just at the top of the escalators at the entry to the book department. I don't think you'll be able to miss me. :)

10 Feb 06 - Ottakars, High Wycombe - 10am - 5pm.
Ill try to be there....i should have read imperial spy by then.....would it be possible to get a copy of Imperial assassin to proof read then?
Anyway, ill try to see you there:)

I'll see if my printer is up to running a hard copy. If not, I'll email you the draft once you've finished Imperial Spy. See you next week.

After the success of last week's tour of the South, I can tell you that my publishers are planning to take me North on my next tour. The provisional intention is to take in Liverpool, Newcastle, Scotland (can't be more specific at the moment) and Northern Ireland. Hopefully this will mean I will get to meet even more members during this little gallavanting session. :)

The dates for this will not be available for a long time yet, but I'll keep you all posted as things develop.