Real life computer question :

Charming Serpent

Its ok to eat the apple.
I keep getting pop up full screen advertisements since last night. How do I stop them?? And yes, my pop up blocker is on.

I used Maleware something scan and Norton scan. They worked last night, but its back again today. :( I have windows xp and this computer is a solid 5 years old.

I keep getting pop up full screen advertisements since last night. How do I stop them?? And yes, my pop up blocker is on.

You might have better luck if you set your Internet Security Options to medium high. Using a browserf such as Firefox should also help (if you currently use IE). Using an anti-virus program might help if you got some sort of infection last night. AVG anti virus is free and very reliable. It's updated constantly and has decent features.

I'd try a system restore to a point BEFORE the trouble started

start menu>all programs>accessories?system tools>system restore

good luck and let us know how you made out

Ok, used both programs u guys showed me and its seems to running normal again. Thanks for the info guys. Much obliged. :)

To say Norton's not very good is a grand understatement. Im using Kaspersky and that appears to be working although it takes a lil extra time for my PC to load when i turn it on.

Back