Tarzan

Have had the Pellucidar books for many years but have never got around to reading them. Now might be that time...

1584093119824.png

I just joined this forum a few minutes ago. I was Googling "Edgar Rice Burroughs talk forum" and found this Sci-Fi site. Actually my Sci-Fi is mostly confined to Edgar Rice Burroughs, although I did read "Childhood's End" back in the sixties, and I've read "Fahrenheit 451". But mostly my science fiction was Edgar Rice Burroughs' good ole pulp stories.

I just joined this forum a few minutes ago. I was Googling "Edgar Rice Burroughs talk forum" and found this Sci-Fi site. Actually my Sci-Fi is mostly confined to Edgar Rice Burroughs, although I did read "Childhood's End" back in the sixties, and I've read "Fahrenheit 451". But mostly my science fiction was Edgar Rice Burroughs' good ole pulp stories.

Welcome to Chrons. :) If you like Edgar Rice Burroughs

The Ship of Ishtar by Abram Merritt
Robot Titans of Gotham by Novel page
Northwest of Earth by C L Moore
The Dark World by Hery Kuttner
Godman by John Bloodstone
The Nightmare and other Tales of Dark Fantasy by Francis Steven
Bloodstone by Karl Edward Wagner

Oh boy, somebody saw me! :p

Im a book recommender.

You might also want to look at John Eric Stark of Mars by Leigh Bracket and Edmund Hamilton's Captain Future novels . :)

Joe Phillip Farmer did an Opar novel or two and Tarzan like character Lord Tyler

Aldo recommend Doc Savage and The Shadow

Conan The Hour of the Dragon
by Robert E Howard

I tried Doc Savage in the 60s...I liked the movie The Shadow....I know Farmer did some Tarzan copies...

I just finished another Wilbur Smith book yesterday and got to thinking about Tarzan which I had not been reading for decades. So I got in the mood and grabbed The Return of Tarzan out of my book shelves and thought I would reread it after all these years. I was always a big fan of La of Opar.

And then I decided to see if anyone out here in TV Land ever discussed ERB....

There is a current thread on top 5 series where John Carter of Mars has been mentioned several times.
If you use the search function you will find quite a lot of ERB-related comment.