Anyone Looking Forward to The Hobbit?

I never cared for The Hobbitt. The bridge movie is the one I'm looking forward to. Aragorn and Gandalf hunting for Gollum sounds very interesting.

That being said, seeing Smaug is something I'm looking forward to. And hopefully the Battle of the Five Armies is as epic as the battles in the Trilogy.

So when there is talk of the Hobbit as two movies but having dropped the idea of a "bridge" story, do they mean two 3 hour movies just for the book adaptation? I agree there is a lot of material in there, but it would change the "feel" of the story quite drastically to make it into another LOTR.

I doubt it will have the huge popularity that LOTR did, especially if they use so many tie-ins with references and characters that people can't help but make a comparison. It should be able to stand on it's own.

So when there is talk of the Hobbit as two movies but having dropped the idea of a "bridge" story, do they mean two 3 hour movies just for the book adaptation? I agree there is a lot of material in there, but it would change the "feel" of the story quite drastically to make it into another LOTR.

I doubt it will have the huge popularity that LOTR did, especially if they use so many tie-ins with references and characters that people can't help but make a comparison. It should be able to stand on it's own.

GDT said they are going to be two different movies. He's determined to make The Hobbit into ONE movie.

Maybe they should *Gasp!* release the bridge story as a book, first.....nah, Chris Tolkien would already have done that if Dad had left enough material to do so....:D

I believe they've just (finally) begun filming, so I don't think we can expect any trailer for the near future.

Filming started last week. There is no reason to lose hope. It's coming.

I'm kinda hoping it won't be coming. Wasn't Lord of the Rings bad enough? :eek:

Yes cannot wait for this, I don't want to wish my years away but I wish it was Hobbit time already!!:p

needs to be a 2 parter to do it justice

No need for missing/adding stuff or requirements for PJ's artistic license either!

Hope they manage to get Smaug right most of all

I disagree. I want one movie, 2.5 hours tops. The LOTR movies don't hold up well due to bloated length and melodrama. I hope they avoid that for the hobbit. del Toro is a promising choice though!

I'm looking emensely forward to this prequel to the Lord of the Rings. Ever since I read the books long ago I have been a tremendous fan, and they are still my number one fantasy novels. I also like to veiw the cartoon version of the Hobbit from the 1970's now and then.

A little while ago on Peter Jackson's facebook page, it was announced that The Hobbit would be filmed at 48 frames per second (fps). The standard rate for most films at the moment is 24 fps and the human brain is only capable of processing 72 fps. Aside from the storyline itself, this will result in a very smooth, realistic overall feel. The news on the street is that The Hobbit will hit screens in 2012.

I disagree. I want one movie, 2.5 hours tops. The LOTR movies don't hold up well due to bloated length and melodrama. I hope they avoid that for the hobbit. del Toro is a promising choice though!

To answer the question, I cannot wait for The Hobbit to come out,
And I also think, that 2.5 hrs. is a good length, but i don't agree that the LOTR movies don't hold up well...they are the best movies in film history!

Well, I was... until I discovered Martin Freeman was playing Bilbo. There's just something about him as an actor that totally put me off - I think it's a certain smugness (smaugness?) that shines through, in every part I've seen him in, from Love Actually to Hitch Hiker's guide (which he ruined imho). I've read interviews, and he comes over as too much of an uncaring intellectual, frankly. Let's hope Peter Jackson keeps him in line.
Mind you, 6 weeks into the making of the first 'Back to the Future' they realised it wasn't working with Eric Stoltz, stopped filming, and sent for Michael J Fox, so there's always hope...