Colour of Magic

PigasusPress

I saw this, just recently, on DVD and thought it was complete rubbish...
COM is even worse than the TV version of Hogfather.
:mad:

Admittedly, I'm biased (as I hate David Jason), but everything else about Vadim Jean's adaptation was quite awful, too. A dreadful waste of some good actors, so it's dismal and boring 'fantasy'.
:(

My review of the next Interzone is not objective!
;)

Yeah, I wasn't overly impressed. I'm not a huge fan of Jason either, and I am probably one of the only people I know who cannot abide OFAH!

Wasn't helped by the fact I thought it was solely going to be COM, not COM & TLF, it just felt too rushed. I would have liked to have seen Mark Heap (Brian from Spaced and Dr Statham from the Green Wing) as Rincewind, but there you go.

He's doing Going Postal next, I'm guessing Jason is going to play Groat :rolleyes:

Did they make a cartoon version of Soul Music, or did I just imagine it??

They did indeed, starri:

MV5BMTcxMjc4NjE5OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTY.jpg

"Soul Music" (1997)

Made cartoons of some others too I think. I think it was maybe two of the witches books and one other?

The unfortunate thing for me is that I haven't yet read the book so I can't really go back to the book.

I really, really enjoyed it though, but I haven't read any of the books yet, but I am planning too.

The other animation is Wyrd Sisters. There is also an animated Truckers and a live action Johnny and the Dead

CoM was *****, shoulda had a different Rincewind, maybe Ed Byrne :p

Jason played Albert to a tee in Hogfather, and i still think its a good adaption...perfect for xmas when it came out.

Jason as rincewind made me glad i was a fan of Sir pTerry before watching it. if i was a new fan to Discworld, CoM would have put me right off it

saw a few bits of it (missed it on the telly) but I didn't think it worked - a few characters in the wrong rolls and the luggage seemed to move very strangly!

Hogfather - though I have never read the book - seemed to be a much better adapation and well suited to a christmas slot - I expect it to become one of the annual semi regulars

Look out for Going Postal that is the next one ,for me I'm just happy they are on film regardless. though I do agree that some one other than D. Janson should have played Rincewind but he was a big name so sky were happy about that.

I haven't watched any of them. I had a feeling when they said David Jason was in them that they weren't going to be any good.

I loathe just about all the stuff he's acted in more than anything else in existance.

I haven't watched any of them. I had a feeling when they said David Jason was in them that they weren't going to be any good.

I loathe just about all the stuff he's acted in more than anything else in existance.

<sharp intake of breath>
Are you kidding? Jason is a legend,everything he touches turns to Gold! You can't mean to say you don't like Only Fools and Horses?
(Btw there was actually a sit com he was in called A Sharp intake of Breath!)

He was better than I expected but not the right choice in many people's opinion including mine.:(

<sharp intake of breath>
Are you kidding? Jason is a legend,everything he touches turns to Gold! You can't mean to say you don't like Only Fools and Horses?
(Btw there was actually a sit com he was in called A Sharp intake of Breath!)

His previous work is a shower of gold, you say? :p

"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebuchet

<sharp intake of breath>
(Btw there was actually a sit com he was in called A Sharp intake of Breath!)"

my god man, ya hate D.J., GET OUT!

its a pity that CoM/LF was a crock of *****. i wish tehy got Eric Idle to do Rincewind, he was excellent in the games