Anyone have any books they want to get rid of ?

Re the Wheel of Time books. I read the first one and wasn't crazy about it. Then I read the second and liked that better. By the third one I was totally hooked and still am. This is such a subjective matter. You might like it or not depending on your tastes. I like Steven Erikson, Janny Wurts, George R. R. Martin, Robin Hobb, C. J. Cherryh, Jim Butcher and the list goes on. I listed the authors I liked to give you an idea of my taste in books. If yours is similar, you might like the WoT books.

I'm familiar with a few of the authors you've mentioned so it might be worth a bit of my time to look at Jordan's series.
Unfortunate the series isn't going to be completed because of his untimely death. Or are they looking for a ghost writer?
-No pun intended!

Connavar-dont be offended,but-is it just me,or is your english starting to slip?

I'm familiar with a few of the authors you've mentioned so it might be worth a bit of my time to look at Jordan's series.
Unfortunate the series isn't going to be completed because of his untimely death. Or are they looking for a ghost writer?
-No pun intended!

Actually, they found a ghost writer, Brandon Sanderson is completing the last book based on Jordan's notes and probably edited by Jordan's wife, Harriet. :D

I generally like to keep my books. I am pretty selective about what I buy when it comes to books, so what I buy, stays. The books that I want to get rid off, are old (outdated) study books and only one fiction book, that I bought at a airport to entertain myself on the airplane. The story was so-so and didn't do much for me.

I either buy or sell books through specific sites or to bookstores.

Well I just got rid of about 1500 books to prepare for a cross country move. There was no "want" it was a necessary evil to pay for the move. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be to weed out the books. I still kept the majority of my collection.

I have some that I wouldn't mind if they disappeared mostly because they are not particularly good but of the rest No I don't think I will ever get rid of them (I hoard books I like because our library the isn't best place to find them if I want to read them later)

I did a major clean out a couple of years ago, and now I only buy stuff that I will keep. The rest comes from the library.

The trouble is, I buy a book and regardless of whether I like it or not it becomes part of my captive library. The only ones that manage to escape are the copies that I mistakenly re-buy. So I have quite a few prisoners serving time for my crime.

My fiance and I bought a house a few months ago, and I took 3 paper cases of my books to a locally owned used bookstore that was going to donate them to area jails.

While......maybe not my first choice it was better than me throwing them in the recycle heap, lol.

Actually, I kind of liked the idea (jails btw, not prisons).

I still have 2-3 cases of them that don't fit in our bookcases.

My fiance and I bought a house a few months ago, and I took 3 paper cases of my books to a locally owned used bookstore that was going to donate them to area jails.

While......maybe not my first choice it was better than me throwing them in the recycle heap, lol.

Actually, I kind of liked the idea (jails btw, not prisons).

I still have 2-3 cases of them that don't fit in our bookcases.

Erm, buy more bookcases?

Outside of the 6-7 I already have, lol.

First time homebuyers, only so much room.

Yes- they spell diferently,cant you tell? :p

Well,I never realy buy a book I wont like unless its in used bookshop-and trust me,round here,the selection is TERRIBLE.Think about last printing of Lytton's "A Strange Story" to be in 1916 and you get the picture.

So I acidentaly may grab something,like a lovey dovey novel and wanna throw it out,burn it,slash it in two with a breadknife and dance on its grave,singing hallelujah.

I have a fair few to give away but they're largely non fantasy. I'm sure the pile at the top of the stairs are starting to develop some form of paranoia, I kick them so often. (In the dark, on the way to the loo.)
I have managed to collect a few of the Robert Jordan Wheel of Time series and I'm in two minds whether to try and get into them or not. I've heard so many conflicting reports I dont have a clue as to what their future is going to be.
Any suggestions?

And I thought youd say they've been there for so long they developed a form of elementary inteligence.Or HAVE they?

If anyone is planning to get rid Jack Vance books let me know.