July Photo Challenge - Blue

Alrighty, it is time for the voting of our first challenge!!! Below you will find the link to the poll. Just a couple things about the poll -

*Please don't vote for yourself*
*You may only cast your vote once*
*The poll will end at 11:59 pm on 7/30*

The time is set for my time zone (here in Arizona). You will be able to see the results once you cast your vote. I will post up the winner on (hopefully morning of the) 31st, and they will then decide August's challenge theme! :)

:D Good Luck Everyone!!! :D

Well, I voted. One photo caught my eye and has not yet given it back. :D

Bookstop's blue abbey pic. Well done, Bookstop!

But there are so many fabulous photos in this thread, and I could have voted for quite a few more. I think a "well done" for everyone is in order.

Well done, everyone!

It was really, really tough to vote on this one, I've been amazed at how great everyone's photos are.

I actually couldn't decide which was the best photo out of:
- Hoopy's photo of the grass (I know this was only taken with a camera phone and was quite small but I absolutely loved it)
- Umshumgal's photo (I really liked the sense of scale I got when I saw the little boat down in the sea)
- Both of Lady's photos (beautiful, they look so professional)

In the end I had to vote for Lady, since both her photos were so excellent.

After a lot of thought and, I voted for Bookstop's ruined abbey but it was very difficult to come to a decision because there are so many fine pictures.:)

That was a tough one, there were some really striking images there. But in the end I went for the one that grabbed me as soon as I saw it: Redtail's "branch and sky". So cheerful a colour, so well composed - it just makes me smile. :)

Hoopy's shed and lamp came in a close second - beautiful image Hoopy! And I must stop there or I will go on all day, there are some very talented snappers hanging about this place.

Wow - there are some absolutely beautiful photos here. I'm impressed! (and I wish I could do half as well).

It was really difficult, but I voted for Hoopy's lavender against the blue sky photo. So beautiful and simple, and it really made me think of summer.

Close second was BookStop's ruined abbey photo, followed by Foxbat's flag but I loved them all. Well done everyone!:)

Can I please, please vote more than once? No? Ahh, this is hard. I really like Hoopy's shed, and Cul's bird. Lady's vase is gorgeous, and Leisha's eye looks absolutely unreal!

Ok - I voted for Culhwch's black bird. I like it's ominous look opposite such a cheery blue background.

Is it voting time now? :D

I loved most of the pictures posted here - some of them are really first-rate pro quality stuff!

When I made my post, I was inclined to vote for Bookstop's amazing ruined cathedral (after all, old ruins are dear to my heart :D ).

But, I have to say, the shot of Leisha's eye is just...wow!! :eek: She's got my vote! :3

Bookstop, came close for me, so did Leisha's eye. But I do love that veiny blue egg like thingy of OR's.

Here're a couple from a couple of years back. First one a pic in my mom's old house before she died.
bluewall.jpg

And secondly a clown on the move. The light was poor and I only had the compact camera but it worked in my favour! Set for slow speed and it worked!
a_clown.jpg

Just voted; had to be for Cul's bird, I love it.

And ooh, I didn't expect to come back and see votes for my pictures (not when compared to some of the awesome ones in the thread) :)

I found this incredibly difficult. It's taken me a long time to make up my mind.

I went for BookStop's abbey in the end. I'm a sucker for ruins.

Cul's bird and Ushumqal's cliffs and sea came closest, for me. The latter has this great quality of making the sea seem like the sky and distorting one's perception...

Both of Lady W's and Leisha's were contenders too. As were others, there are some great pics here.

But I had to pick one, and so I voted for BookStop. :)

Aw man if I knew I could of used an older one .... Oh well

I thought they were all good and for me it was a toss up between OR's Husky eye, which would have been no easy thing, and Leisha's boat (and eye) but in the end I went with Leisha's

I'd just like to say that I've learned a lot just from seeing other folk's techniques and ideas here.

Hopefully this monthly challenge will be the first of many.:)

Agreed I must say there is a great variety in this challenge!
Both in ideas and in the different kit people are using - with some such as Hoopy showing that one does not need a top end pro camera to get some really good results.

As for me I have found choosing very difficult as well = there are some really good works in here and its clear that a lot of effort has gone into many of these shots.
and I voted for ,------ Hoopy's blue shed! Because just how many people do have a blue shed! ;)

Ok really I liked the look of this shot - it was and original constructed shot and shows good composition thinking :)

DoH! (sp)
I think I missed the deadline - that or the poll machine is not working - though I think it is the former!