Photo Challenge - Discussion Thread

It'll be BookStop's choice, I should think, unless there is a late flurry of voting. I'm eager to get shooting again, I really enjoyed this last one...

I won? Wow, thanks for voting for me, guys.

The priory picture was one I took on my last vacation. It was a gorgeous day, sunny and blue, then a storm shot over the hillside making everything very spooky.

So, do I pick the next challenge?

I'm looking forward to a new competition. I enjoyed the last one and trying to get interesting photos.

Pick a good subject, Bookstop (no pressure :D)

Yep - Bookstop, choose the theme and set up the thread and I'll stick it and unstick the old one.

Congratulations on your win Bookstop :)

considering your ava I am surpriced Culhwch ;)
Just make sure to have a tripod and use the timer or remote to shoot

I use that one b/c I'm too lazy to change it - even though I have 18-zillion of the right size b/c I make LJ/IJ icons for RP characters all over the place.

Hmmm - maybe I'll put House up there instead. =)

The title? Or my s/n? The title is just the tagline from the movie... My s/n is an actual, direct, on purpose reference to the 2nd movie. *g* I'm sure the story behind it is around here on the boards somewhere.

Now - if only I could find Christopher Lambert to take a photo of - then I could combine Highlander and photography! =)

ETA: and I did change my avatar, but it's Hugh Jackman's arm now, not House - went w/ the *other* Hugh. *g* look - I got un-lazy for 5 seconds =)

Last edited:
Hmm - good question. I'm thinking a little light is good thing, right, as long as it still gives the impression of night. What I'm wondering is if sunsets count. Sunsets make for great evening shots, but technically not night...

Technically, schmechnially, I'm thinking anything after dusk and before dawn counts as night. That should give us a lot of time to work with I hope. I'm getting very excited to see what some's interpretations will be.

Time to dig out my old-fashioned SLR now then... since my digi is limited w/ it's nighttime capabilities.

Means I'll have to also make a photo-mat run too...

*and* I have to have 'em all done before the 18th b/c I'm going out of the country... well, technically, I'll be back on the 26th, but bah - that's vacation time and I'll probably forget! =)