Photo Challenge - Discussion Thread

Re: July Photo Challenge - Blue

*cough* Ilene Sova *cough*

This competition is for people to upload their own photos - that's why it's a "photography challenge".

So it was a caseof not actually reading the first post. Always a good idea.

And here's another vote for only two images in this thread. More than that would get clunky. I also like the idea of allowing photos that have been edited or made to look unusual through editing. But not digital art. Digital art makes me think of my Wacom Graphire tablet...

Oh, and what happens if two or more people upload the same kind of shot? I swear I took one of my photos on Wednesday (it being Friday today), and I see a similar idea already.... :( Can I still upload it at the end of the month? (That's when I'm uploading my entries.) You can ask Momo if you don't believe me - Momo was there when I took the shot!

I don't see an issue if two people upload the same kind of shot. I'll just vote for the better one! And I can't see an issue with waiting till the end of the month to upload your shots. Better to wait and see if you take a better one. I'm of the mind, though, that we should only post our offiicial entries once, in the voting thread. Otherwise we might gain an unfair advantage - say I post five possible photos in PotD, and one of them gets amazing responses (hypothetically - won't ever happen), of course I'm going to post that one for the challenge.

And on voting - best to make it a public poll, as well, so that we can see if people are voting for their own shots. Not that I'm saying anyone will, but best to remove that temptation altogether, I thiink.

Wow, this thread has gotten pretty long without any actual entries...

Er, bragging rights. Unless you want to supply a monthly prize, HJ? A hundred dollar voucher to the winner's preferred photography emporium, perhaps? Very generous of you to offer!

Very generous indeed! I can hardly believe how generous I am!

*pulls collar nervously*

Hmm, I am going to think on this and try and think of a half decent prize.

keep in mind it's a monthly prize ;)

Hey Quok, how much is postage and handling if you want to send something book-sized (like, for instance, a book) to the UK or the States?

I think it's about $10 by Sea Mail and then $20-$30 for registered Air Mail. Of course to WA's a lot cheaper ;).

No, no, no, no, no! No prizes! The recognition of our peers is the only prize required. Besides, it's a challenge, not a contest.

HJ, to me is even cheaper than WA.

So is there a rule against photo manipulation? I haven't seen anything against it as yet.

He's Blue! And He Has A Camera!

Yes people can we have clarification on photo manipulation?

He's Blue! And He Has A Camera!

Can we try and keep the spam to a minimum, guys? This isn't the Lounge, and this was intended as a serious endeavour.

And I see nothing wrong with the eye pic - by photo manipulation or digital art I think we mean something that's been worked over in Photoshop until it's not recognisably a photo any more, or has clearly had elements added to it. If it is the photo with some colour and tone adjustments, fine.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

(Yes, I'm on topic.)

:(:(:(:(:(

It was a cry because someone has a picture almost identical to mine, and though I finished it quite a few hours before this other person posted, people will think I've copied (especially because my version was saved as a PSP file and I only saved it as a JPG today, after this other person posted). :(

I need to find a new idea now. My idea was 90% similar to this other person's. :(

Ah, I see. I was worried I'd led people astray... At least you've had ideas. And a camera to use! Although I'll have mine in about, oh, five and a half hours. So in six I'll be wandering around the house looking for stuff that is blue.