Outrageous or not?

Eulalia

Okay, here goes.

The Hound and Arya will be the next kick a$$ couple. Reactions?

Putting the thirty years old age difference (we were all felling a bit like perverse when we read Dany and Drogo, this is worse) I can't feel any narrative imperative here. He goes towards final battle on the side of the faith against Gregor, as a warrior son - which are celibate as far as I understand, and I can see him sainted (post mortem). She on the other hand will not finish her training as a divine assassin, but flee (yet again) to join Dany and bring silent death to little finger. It doesn't feet chronologically.
All that said, if she stays blind she might see his inner beauty or something...

I've never really felt like they would ever cross paths again. I think Sandor and Arya have seen the last of each other.

If GRRM were to go with the theme he used as a writer for the TV show "Beauty and the Beast", the next supercouple would be Brianne the Beauty of Tarth and Sandor Clegane the once and fguture Houndbeast.

Well, I did think it would be cool if Arya met Sandor again as a young woman...they are similar in temperament and both outcasts of sorts.:)

This series is roughly based on the times of the Wars of the Roses, (right?) so any female who has hit puberty is fair game--not modern sensibilities, I realize.

Do people know what is planned for the chronology of the books for the end of the series? As in most stories, there should be a lot of marriages when it concludes, and I was wondering who would end up together. I suppose it depends on how old the characters are.

Sandor and Brienne would be formidable, and could defend Sansa, replacing her missing wolf!

Sansa could end up with, hmmm, Jaime, who evolves into the perfect knight? And she evolves into a more cynical player of the Game of Thrones? That would unite the north, with the Starks and the Lannisters (Yorks and Lancasters for the history buffs). Or thinking along the same lines how about Jaime and Arya, who is not just the noblewoman next door anymore, and will need a pretty fierce man.

Dany and Jon seem obvious together, but, if not, how about Jon and Margaery, for north and south to unite.

Will Tyrion find Tysha, or who will he end up with? It would be nice if he were happy.

Catelyn and Benjen, could be the Undead couple to rule the far north!!?

To be honest, I think Arya and Sandor might meet again but if they do, Arya will be a young killer, full of bitterness and anger and Sandor will be a relatively at peace priest who uses their shared history to stop her being so angry at everything.

Because to be honest Arya is (understandably, really) a really messed up little girl.

Well, I did think it would be cool if Arya met Sandor again as a young woman...they are similar in temperament and both outcasts of sorts.:)

This series is roughly based on the times of the Wars of the Roses, (right?) so any female who has hit puberty is fair game--not modern sensibilities, I realize.

Do people know what is planned for the chronology of the books for the end of the series? As in most stories, there should be a lot of marriages when it concludes, and I was wondering who would end up together. I suppose it depends on how old the characters are.

Sandor and Brienne would be formidable, and could defend Sansa, replacing her missing wolf!

Sansa could end up with, hmmm, Jaime, who evolves into the perfect knight? And she evolves into a more cynical player of the Game of Thrones? That would unite the north, with the Starks and the Lannisters (Yorks and Lancasters for the history buffs). Or thinking along the same lines how about Jaime and Arya, who is not just the noblewoman next door anymore, and will need a pretty fierce man.

Dany and Jon seem obvious together, but, if not, how about Jon and Margaery, for north and south to unite.

Will Tyrion find Tysha, or who will he end up with? It would be nice if he were happy.

Catelyn and Benjen, could be the Undead couple to rule the far north!!?

Doesn't sound like martin... to bloody cheerful, I think he will leave the weddings to our imagination, either that or everybody will end up married to a Frey...

To be honest, I think Arya and Sandor might meet again but if they do, Arya will be a young killer, full of bitterness and anger and Sandor will be a relatively at peace priest who uses their shared history to stop her being so angry at everything.

Because to be honest Arya is (understandably, really) a really messed up little girl.

I actually figured it would be Arya who put the fight back in Sandor. Maybe retrieve his helm and get him to go kick Gregorstein's mountainous corspe back into the grave.

I actually figured it would be Arya who put the fight back in Sandor. Maybe retrieve his helm and get him to go kick Gregorstein's mountainous corspe back into the grave.

I think really my prediction is based on what each character needs and while the series itself often presents a very bleak view of things and characters can be screwed over a lot, ultimately Sandor isn't happy existing as the bitter, rage driven fighter whereas as a priest he could gain a lot of contentment. Added to that, Arya is heading down a path where she does nothing but wallow in revenge and anger and so on and that's not good either. It would make more sense to me if their past combative relationship gave way to one that was actually more beneficial to the characters.

I could see Sandor mentoring Arya with his new found skills and Arya firing him up. Arya could end up with a whole wolf pack by her side.

I still think, though GRRM has a wonderfully dark and perverse sense of fate and life, that by the end there will be at least some dynastic marriages. (and they may not be love matches at all by the standards of the times) I can't see him obliterating the whole Stark(especially) or Lannister lines, after making survivors of the Starks (save 2). I don't think this speculation is necessarily too cheerful. Everyone has deep scars by now and has had a chance to learn from frightful events. Some characters are definitely evolving (or devolving), and have to evolve or die. Or just die because GRRM wills it so!

Fire and Ice have to be united somehow, to take on the northern menace. The Ironmen must be brought in to fight the good fight. Maybe Bravos as well. Dany can bring a lot.

There is a list of the doomed though. Cersei is doomed. Jaime will either kill her or die with her. Probably Tommen and Myrcella will die to fit the prophecy. Can't see Catelyn surviving as undead for ever. Stannis is doomed, in my opinion. Any others?

Back