Who said that?

"Hodor!"

(I'm going to bed so whoever knows this one can go ahead and go next)

Last edited:
LOL! Ummmm, I guess Hodor said it.

As I scramle for my copy of...

Asha Greyjoy
“Peace,” said Asha. “Land. Victory. I’ll give you Sea Dragon Point and the Stony Shore, black earth and tall trees and stones enough for every younger son to build a hall. We’ll have the northmen too . . . as friends, to stand with us against the Iron Throne. Your choice is simple. Crown me, for peace and victory. Or crown my nuncle, for more war and more defeat.” She sheathed her dirk again. “What will you have, ironmen?”

Try this one
"Only a beast would harm a little girl.”

Ser Arys Oakheart.

Its when he's speaking with Doran Martell about implications if Mycrella were murdered while she was in Dorne. The next line would be where Doran replies that his sister Elia had a little girl.

"So we have the word of a dead man."

Parley, fyi.

Barristan is talking... "I do not know if he had finished paying the smith."
"He paid yesterday, my lord. and he paid dearly," Ned replied. And to the silent sister he said, "Send the mother the armor. I will deal with this smith."

How about...

"Gods make uncertain allies at best and that one has no power here."

Parley, fyi.

Barristan is talking... "I do not know if he had finished paying the smith."
"He paid yesterday, my lord. and he paid dearly," Ned replied. And to the silent sister he said, "Send the mother the armor. I will deal with this smith."

How about...

"Gods make uncertain allies at best and that one has no power here."

Hello All,

Been lurking for some time, reading all of your fine entertaining posts. In the middle of my second re-read.

I believe this is Stanis' maester (Crassen?) to Milesandre.

Welcome, Kalhaven. Glad to see you here. I hope you are enjoying your readings of our musings and thoughts.

And you guessed correctly. Maester Cressen said that to Melisandre in the prologue to ACOK. It's one of the last things he said before he died.

Thank you for the welcome! I'm new here so I'll offer up an easy one.

"If they want to give you a name, take it, make it your own. Then they can’t hurt you with it anymore".

Thank you for the welcome! I'm new here so I'll offer up an easy one.

"If they want to give you a name, take it, make it your own. Then they can’t hurt you with it anymore".

Wow, just got home and checked the quote I offered just to make sure. And yeah...its not considered an "easy one" when I don't get the quote right! This is what I get for trying to quote something without the text in front of me :eek:. Sorry for the confusion. Real quote:

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Back