Who said that?

That would be Chett to Lark.

Nothing like a raven for the spoils of a murder :p

Ser Bonnifer Hasty to Jaime:)

“I have no wish to kiss the man, my lord.”
“No doubt he’d say the same of you.” Jaime’s smile turned into a yawn. “My pardons. I shall take my leave of you, if you have no objections.”
“None, my lord,” said Hasty. No doubt he wished to pray.

My turn.

“I beg . . .” ____ swallowed. “A . . . a drink of water, and . . . another boon. If you would . . .”

Maester Luwin.

Osha gazed up at the weirwood, at the red face carved in the pale trunk. "And leave you for the gods?"

“I beg . . .” The maester swallowed. “A . . . a drink of water, and . . . another boon. If you would . . .”

"Aye." She turned to Meera. "Take the boys."

My turn...

"What has it gots in it's pocketses... Ooops! My mistake... sorry.

Let me try again...

"So many vows... they make you swear and swear. Defend the king. Obey the king. Keep his secrets. Do his bidding. Your life for his. But obey your father. Love your sister. Protect the innocent. Defend the weak. Respect the gods. Obey the laws. It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

I read that passage this morning. It's from the prologue to ACOK. Cressen is late to the banquet, gets run over by Patchface, Melisandre places the fool's belled helmet on Cressen's head, Stannis publicly dismisses Cressen from his cabinet, and then Selyse suggests that Cressen sing aloud any further counsel. Only then does Stannis say, "You go too far, woman. He's an old man and he'd served me well."

Back