the best quotes?

daddy

i run a submission fightin club and im in the process ov designing t shirts for us. we have a name and a picture, i was thinking a gemmell style quote might be cool. any ideas? :confused:

haha, blood and death has a certain ring to it.:) i like the first one, but risk sounding slightly "jon shannow"

I like this Shannow one cause its so simple but says alot :)

"What is your name?"
"Why?"
"So I can mark your grave..."

- Shannow

I use it as my signature in Legendreaders, the Gemmell forums.

Legendreaders is only for Gemmell. Everyone there is a hardcore DG fan.

Its not like this where DG gets a small forum branch for him.

Check it out. It has great avatar size pics, many qoutes etc in the main page.

just signed up and it looks very impressive

Heh i saw your nick and knew from here plus i saw it directly cause the pic you are using was my avatar for long time in that forum.

Heh i thought " who is the guy with my av and then hey i know that nick " :)

P.S im Shannow nick in that forum.

"You cannot stand before me and live. No one ever has" ----Druss
"Some men are stronger and faster than me, but very few can outlast me" ---Druss again.
"I will cut his ******* heart out" -----Connavar

I actually when reading the books, i fold the page if i like a quote. When i'm done with it i go back and type the quote in word. I have 47 quotes so far. Half way done with the drenai serious for the second time. I never noticed how many cool ones there are

He'll come because he has to. He'll come because that's what heroes do. They fight for what is right, no matter what the cost. -Galliott (Ravenheart)

About Jaim Grymuach.

"You look pale sir, would you like some water ?" ---- The Moidart just after he had shot one man in the throat and the Harvester had cut off anothers head.

This appears in some way or another in most DG's novels. But it's usually

"If it can bleed, I can kill it"

Works best when Antikas Karios is asking about the Krayakin(sp?)

Too many to mention in one post but the one that has always really stood out for me was in Legend, when Druss says of what will be written on his own gravestone,

"Here lies Druss. He killed many and birthed none."

And then Rek's woman (can't remember her name) gives that speech,

"They will say more than that. They will say: Here lies druss, who was never mean, petty or needlessly cruel. Who never violated a woman nor harmed a child. They will say, he had no sons, but many a mother with babes slept safer knowing that Druss stood with the Drenai..."

Good speech that.

This is one of my favourite quotes from White Wolf that I've never see anyone else mention. Decado Firefist said this to Skilgannon.

"We are what we are my boy, and wolves is what we are..."