Final lines....

And at that moment it occured to me, I never should have gone in the first place.

The sun finally came up and casted its light across a sea of dead bodies. He turned to his Enemy and asked, "So, after all this you still want me to be the warden of Your prison? Why?"

"You have the temperament for the job."

He stared in disbelieve for a few moments and then a smile slowly crept across his face. "OK," said Satan, "I'll take the job."

Gabriel gathered up his dusty tricorne from the shore and tugged it down over the Bedouin girl's head. "Maybe we will Cera," he said with a smile, "Maybe we will."

With a final crump, the X-Factor studio collapsed in a heap, and the people rejoiced.

I held the book closed until it stopped squirming.

And so I shall set my quill down and leave it to the winds, for my inkpot is almost empty, and the parchment upon which I write soiled with the blood from my hands.

If I have learned as much as I taught, given as much a I have received, loved as much as I have fought, then the days of my life were well spent.

It was only then that he remembered he'd forgotten to press the 'Excise' button. Oh well, too late now. Goodbye Earth...