Valis Trilogy, is it important to read in order?

Tanegashima

working, going to college (u. of la verne), I also
I've heard different things, like my Dad, who introduced me to PKD, says that he could never even figure out how the Valis "trilogy" is even a trilogy as, at least in his opinion, they are very different and disjointed books...much like Heinlein's timeline in regard to Revolt in 2100. The reason I ask is, I kinda want to read Divine Invasion first and maybe approach Valis and TT Archer books later. Would I be doing myself a disservice by reading these out of order?

Nope, they're all interconnected...but not. You'll recognize similarities, but won't be affected by reading out of order.

Strangely enough, I liked Divine Invasion much more then Valis. I had a tough time chugging along though all the small factoids and anecdotes.

Now I"m all excited, I didn't know there was a trilogy surrounding Valis. I've only read Valis what are the other two books?

Valis was truly great. The way Dick switched from Third person, to first person, then back to third was freaky weird and incredibly subtle.

Also the town park he describes in Sonoma, CA, had the best swings in the city. But in 66 I couldn't use them because there was an infestation of hippies and my mother was afraid I would get "Stoned or Raped." Loved her priorities on that call.

It's just a thematic trilogy - each one deals with Christian mysticism or Gnosticism in some way relevant to PKD.

Now I"m all excited, I didn't know there was a trilogy surrounding Valis. I've only read Valis what are the other two books?

Valis was truly great. The way Dick switched from Third person, to first person, then back to third was freaky weird and incredibly subtle.

Also the town park he describes in Sonoma, CA, had the best swings in the city. But in 66 I couldn't use them because there was an infestation of hippies and my mother was afraid I would get "Stoned or Raped." Loved her priorities on that call.

Valis, The Divine Invasion & The Transmigration of Timothy Archer
make up the 'trilogy'
I think the (unfinished/unpublished) The Owl in Daylight was supposed to be the third book in the series, btw...

Radio Free Albemuth is also worth reading with this trilogy~

Hi all, first time poster here :) I'm a big fan of PKD and am looking to immerse myself in the VALIS trilogy, however I'm aware that Albemuth acts a sort of pre-cursor. Is it worth reading Albemuth first, or perhaps last?

I think whenever you have a chance to read an author's work in sequence, that is the best route.