Anime movies

I'd recommend Full Metal Alchemist movie. I just watched it a month ago or so and it was great. I always liked the series, but found that the movie took all the good qualities of the series and made them even better. You don't need to know the series to enjoy the movie. They did a great job slowly explainign the background throughout the movie without just blindly letting you know the history. I give it an A+ and better than Monoke, Spirited Away, or Howl's... though all 3 were very good.

I going to watch Tales of Earthsea soon I've had it for ages.
Tales of Earthsea is kinda meh! I found.
It was ok (Although I have never read the story so i took it on a purely movie basis) but Goro just isn't up to his fathers standard.

I've yet to see Howl's, but Mononoke and Spirited Away are both VERY good films, and I strongly recommend both. Hayao Miyazaki is different in anime in that he tends to cut down on adult content in favor of character development, internal conflict, and emotion. Wonderful movies, he makes, wonderful! ;)

Yes, he does. Spirited Away is just awesome. Has anyone seen The Cat Returns? Not nearly as good, but still a nice movie. Great for kids.

Yes, he does. Spirited Away is just awesome. Has anyone seen The Cat Returns? Not nearly as good, but still a nice movie. Great for kids.

ive seen both The Cat Returns and teh film it originated from. and they are both amazing.

Cat Returns is odd in a good was.. i watched at easter.. and it did seem to fit the easter mood.. of a full tummy of chocolate, slouching on a couch and enjoying a ghibli marathon xD

i hate that peopls say that Spitited Away brought Ghibli to westerners palates.. ive always seen ghibli on tv at easter or xmas long before 2001, or was it 2003?, when SA came out.

basically dude go watch any Studio Ghibli film for a good time.

i also recomend Ghost In The Shell to watch, Appleseed, Akira.. to name a few.

anime films are truly epic. especially when they are stand alone and not tagged on too heavily with an anime series.

I've seen GiTS (all three movies and both the seasons of the series) and Akira. I have seen an Appleseed movie, but I'm not sure which (although it was great).

That other movie you mentioned, while I forget the title off-hand, I think I have it on my hard-drive. Is it about a girl who writes a song (which just happens to be "Country Roads" :D ) and likes a boy who builds and plays the violin? I think I remember some similarities in a couple of scenes, including the the cat statue. I liked that one too. Not an action adventure, science fiction, or something else closer to my tastes, but heart-warming, sometimes humorous, and quite enjoyable.

On another note, I've also seen the movie corresponding to your screen name, Casshern. That wasn't bad, although the live actions often don't appeal to me as much, except for Blood: The Last Vampire, which I actually like more than the original animated version.

Sorry I took so long to respond...

Blood:The Last Vampire is a great movie animation,look wise.

You really liked the live action more ? You words about in another thread was that it was decent,good for a live action.

Actually, I said, "However, I just got the chance to see the live action version of Blood: The Last Vampire and, while there were quite a few differences, I was quite impressed. "

But I may have thrown you off because I also said that I still prefer Blood+ to Blood: The Last Vampire (either version). It's Saya (theoretically), but she's a completely different character (not nearly as tough and cool, but more rounded, interesting, and ... well, likable), along with different plot elements that I personally found more engaging and enjoyable. Yet ... you've got a good point. The animated Blood: The Last Vampire has a great look, and makes a good movie.

The live action versions I've seen that didn't appeal to me were Shrill Cries of Summer (movie adaptation of Higurashi - even though I absolutely love the anime), and Death Note (although it wasn't bad; the live action film conventions kind of work for Death Note, since the anime had a similar style anyway).

Now, for the life of me, I can't remember others ... although I was sure I'd seen at least a couple more. Maybe I really can't judge the quality of the live actions in general until I've watched quite a few more. But I guess this has been my impression of them so far.

Actually, I said, "However, I just got the chance to see the live action version of Blood: The Last Vampire and, while there were quite a few differences, I was quite impressed. "

But I may have thrown you off because I also said that I still prefer Blood+ to Blood: The Last Vampire (either version). It's Saya (theoretically), but she's a completely different character (not nearly as tough and cool, but more rounded, interesting, and ... well, likable), along with different plot elements that I personally found more engaging and enjoyable. Yet ... you've got a good point. The animated Blood: The Last Vampire has a great look, and makes a good movie.

The live action versions I've seen that didn't appeal to me were Shrill Cries of Summer (movie adaptation of Higurashi - even though I absolutely love the anime), and Death Note (although it wasn't bad; the live action film conventions kind of work for Death Note, since the anime had a similar style anyway).

Now, for the life of me, I can't remember others ... although I was sure I'd seen at least a couple more. Maybe I really can't judge the quality of the live actions in general until I've watched quite a few more. But I guess this has been my impression of them so far.

Death Note was a quality manga and the anime was too cute,censored for my taste. I cant even imagine live action.

I dont watch Live action often cuz i dont like to mix the two. I will anime and then original films or films not based on the same manga,anime i know already.

Have you seen Spriggan anime movie by the way ?

Im thinking about watching more anime movies going after Spriggan,Akira,original Appleseed.

Spriggan - haven't seen that in a while, but I enjoyed it. Very good animation, if I remember correctly, and the story was quite good, too.

As for the original Appleseed, I haven't watched that in ages, so I might have to track down a copy, albeit in dvd form, this time. I watched it when it first came out on VHS in the UK and, whilst I enjoyed the story, I was put off a bit by the English dub. Hopefully I'll be able to watch it in Japanese this time.

mycollects

Hello,nice to meet you here! bring a present to you.There is the good watching DVD.Hope all love !mycollects

Hello........

I need some recommendations for some anime movies, like with action, horror, drama, comedy. Can you please recommend anime movies that are good in English dub, because I am putting these on my zunes and its kinda hard to read subtitles.

I already have the Ghost in the Shell: Solid Society

Last edited by a moderator: