If there was a movie?

Polgara can only be portrayed correctly by Catherine Zeta Jones
Angelina Jolie would be an insult

each to their own, I'm sticking by Jennifer Connolly ;)

Although I'm liking your Elenium choices Wybren, Eric Bana as Sparhawk in particular. Having watched him on aussie tv before he switched over to movies he's also got the comedic talents to pull off all the one liners that I remember from the books, easpecially the Tamuli.

I have to say that I have been a big fan of Eric Bana since Full Frontal and after seeing him in Troy I thought he would be great for the role. I hadn't thought of Jennifer Connelly but she would be good also

billy connolly would be a very interesting belgarath. not only a hilarious comedian, but a very talented dramatic actor as well.

okay, i feel if they were to use unknown actors, or less popular actors, then true fans would be happier, because they would not see angelina jolie, but instead they would see polgara. the problems with using popular celebrities, like nicole richie for ce'nedra, is that you would focus on the actor more than the acctual story. that being said, here are people who i think would be good as the characters,...

Belgarion: dunno,..unknown probably would be best.
young belgarion: there is this kid in this one russian movie i think would be good...
Ce'nedra: the girl who is going to play the princess Enchanted. yes, i am serious.
Polgara:the queen from 300
Silk: the guy who lost his eye in 300
Belgarath:kenneth branagh
Zandramas: Kate Beckinsale
aaaaaaannnnnnnd...........
ADARA: MMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

J/k mostly, i think that they all should be unknown for the most part, except those i listed above. who the heck would shave their head for a part (hettar) if they were already famous? hehe

I think you're right about using unknown actors and actresses for the most part, or at least some of the major roles (Garion etc), Jenh.

Oh, and welcome to the Chronicles!:)

okay, i feel if they were to use unknown actors, or less popular actors, then true fans would be happier, because they would not see angelina jolie, but instead they would see polgara. the problems with using popular celebrities, like nicole richie for ce'nedra, is that you would focus on the actor more than the acctual story. that being said, here are people who i think would be good as the characters,...

Belgarion: dunno,..unknown probably would be best.
young belgarion: there is this kid in this one russian movie i think would be good...
Ce'nedra: the girl who is going to play the princess Enchanted. yes, i am serious.
Polgara:the queen from 300
Silk: the guy who lost his eye in 300
Belgarath:kenneth branagh
Zandramas: Kate Beckinsale
aaaaaaannnnnnnd...........
ADARA: MMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

J/k mostly, i think that they all should be unknown for the most part, except those i listed above. who the heck would shave their head for a part (hettar) if they were already famous? hehe

NOOO! anyone but David Wenham! (the guy who lost his eye in 300)
Are you thinking of the boy from NightWatch and Daywatch for Garion? He'd be good - if he speaks English russian accent -free
Kate Beckinsale would make a better mayaserana or Salmissra than Zandramas - she's hooded and robed for the whole book. Bethra perhaps...

all of these more exotic women need to be played by actresses who are both visually and charismatically amazing. they are small roles, but are either pivotal or leave lasting impressions.

Beowolf the movie offers an interesting alternative vision.

for those that havent seen it its an entirely CG movie though they do have some rather famous faces in there - some a little more obvious than others - but the point its theres times it dosent quite work - but for the most part its very good.

So, me thinks there will be many more high risk films made with this technology from now on as its only going to get cheaper to make that kind of film as opposed to something like Lord of the rings.

So the Belgariad may never have attracted exectutives eyes, but with this new medium perhaps there may be a movie some day, though I believe Eddidngs is on record as saying he's never been in negotiation about a film on any of his books, nor does he wish to give them up to somebody else (I guess a screenwriter) as he's been writing the characters for over 20 years.

Still if it ever does get made I believe it will be via this method rather than the traditional method + cg like LotR

If there was a movie... Catherines Zeta Jones and Angelina Jolie would not make good Polgara's in my eyes.

The Perfect Polgara would be that Actress in the Tudors who plays Anne Boleyn, Natalie Dormer. Just try to keep i mind that Pol stopped aging at 25

Garion played by Steve Burton from GH

Orlando Bloom would make a good Ontrose He does noble very well on screen

Belagarath Jack Nicholson, end of discussion

Durnik, Colin Farrell

Ce'Nedra Mary Kate Olson (If she can act and dye her hair Red)

If there was a movie... Catherines Zeta Jones and Angelina Jolie would not make good Polgara's in my eyes.

The Perfect Polgara would be that Actress in the Tudors who plays Anne Boleyn, Natalie Dormer. Just try to keep i mind that Pol stopped aging at 25

Garion played by Steve Burton from GH

Orlando Bloom would make a good Ontrose He does noble very well on screen

Belagarath Jack Nicholson, end of discussion

Durnik, Colin Farrell

Ce'Nedra Mary Kate Olson (If she can act and dye her hair Red)[/quote]

durnik is far too old for him to be played by Colin Farrell... and Colin's image would make him a highly unbelievable Durnik anyway - he's not that good an actor.
According to the timeline established in Belgarath the Sorceror, Durnik is in his forties.

Silk - Johnny Depp
Polgara - Anjelica Huston
Durnik - Sean Connery or Harrison Ford
Garion - hmm tricky that ....Frankie Muniz from Malcom in the middle?
Belgarath - Kris Kristofferson
Barak - James Cosmo
Asharak - Omar Sharif

Oh theres so many i can't spend all night going through them :)

Belgarath - Anthony Hopkins? (Watch Fracture)
Polgara - Catherine Zeta Jones
Silk - Johnny Depp (Definitely)
Ce'Nadra - Rachel McAdams?

Rachel McAdams is a magnificent actress, but FAR to old to play Ce'Nedra. Velvet perhaps... her age is a little more ambiguous.

Yea but hey she's short..nah she wont fit into Velvet's cahracter...remember the dimples?

Well how about Emma Watson from Harry Potter? I think she'll do just fine.

i have no problem at all with Emma Watson as Ce'Nedra... frankly they can cast virtually anyone, just not Dakota Fanning!
Ooh what about Emma Page? (Oscar nominated star of Juno) shes a great actress, shes very little, add some red hair dye or wig a she could be great.

Hmm, no wigs. Ever since the Stand was released as a miniseries, I've been somewhat wary of wigs.