Review - Jennifer Fallon's Wolfblade and Demon Child Trilogies

Drachir

Science fiction fantasy
Western Canada. Born in England. English mother
I’m 2/3 of the way through the Wolfblade Trilogy by Jennifer Fallon. It is her third trilogy and so far I am finding that it is the best of her works. There is just one thing; Wolfblade is a prequel to her first trilogy the Demon Child. As such anyone who wants to read Miss Fallon’s series should probably read the Wolfblade Trilogy first and then Demon Child. As far as the quality of the series are concerned there is quite a bit to recommend them. They have strong heroines and heroes and complex plots with a bit of magic and warfare to round things off. I found Demon Child quite entertaining and so far Wolfblade is even better. There is the odd spot of weak writing, but generally the books are quite well written.

I also read the Second Sons trilogy by the same author, and while I found it readable I did not find it as interesting as the other two series. One problem with Second Sons was that I did not find the hero believable. He starts out as a 16 year old and ends up as a 19 year old by the end of the series. The problem is that during the three books he proves to be a master of manipulation, something that I did not find credible in one so young, especially since his adversaries were supposed to be highly skillful and completely ruthless tyrants.

In short read Wolfblade, followed by Demon Child and skip Second Sons.

Back