Hi I recently had an 'offer' from a publisher, agreeing to publish my novel (all editing etc with it), provided I pay a fee. I know that author contribution is becoming a norm, if only to show belief in one's own work. I agreed to see a contract and was stunned to see the fee as £2,700.00. I said 'no'; can't afford it and, while some like this route, I'm not a fan of what I believe is in reality self-publishing. The publisher, I have to say, disagreed that this was the case. I've now been asked to send my novel in to another publisher. They're not very big and having looked at their books on Amazon, do not appear to be selling many books or indeed pushing them. I'm also concerned that I will be faced with another large fee. I've also come around to the idea of a Literary Agent; I've approached one and am awaiting a response. So, I've got myself in a bit of a mess. Do I pursue the publisher, whether good or not, or wait on the Literary Agent? I'm interested in any thoughts or similar experiences. Feel free to harangue me for dithering.