The Original Animated Series

Sire Of Dragons

Science fiction fantasy
Love an attractive girl in glasses or who looks go
I've been watching these a lot lately. I got a hold of most of all 5 seasons. And I gotta tell ya I will always like these better than anything they've come up with recently.

I liked the movies, but I was pretty upset that they never included Gambit or Beast. They didn't have Jubilee either.

I didn't read as many of the comics as I would have liked. I used to like the X-Men Unlimited series. Wolverine has always been my favorite Super Hero/Mutant.

I have to agree that the original animation was a great production!
The recent films were a little lacking in characters, but they only had a short time to get things over to the viewer and for a newer person to the franchise I though that the films did well (no Gambit though --- Jubilee I can understand as she was a younger character and the films are more in the early years, but still Gambit!)

i love this series. I have the whole lot - got it on Ebay...
Wolverine is a great character, who unfortunately due to oversaturartion is the one that bores me the most - aside from Cyclops... talk about dull.
Jubilee was in the movies. Both of the first two. She doesn't do particularly much, but she's still there.
her character was replaced with a X-Men Evolution (oh how i hate this series - make Storm an old woman will they... GRRR)/Ultimate X-Men styled child Rogue. The 80's had kid character - Shadowcat. The 90s had Jubilee. The movies had to fit Rogue in somewhere, so she became the kid character.
Gambit was apparently always intended to be in the films, they just could never work out how to fit him in.
I suspect that had Bryan Singer done X3, we may have seen a Gambit - i mean all we needed was a desperate actor capable of a cajun accent to give BS a bj... (a'la Brandon Routh) and it would have been a sure thing (lol - kidding ... a bit)

her abilities were altered somewhat, but you don't really see her do anything. she's one of the kidnapped kids that Storm and Nightcrawler rescue at the Dam. (the asian one - :p) She's also in the deleted scenes from the museum at the beginning of the 2nd movie too.

I realized too that the woman who was Stryker's body guard must have been Wolverines old girlfriend Yuriko but they managed to leave that part of the story out as well.

I think a tv series for Wolverine would be awesome, but I mentioned once before how Witchblade bombed because they barely touched the comic book storyline.

I'd be very frightened as to how bad an effect this could have on the younger Wolverine fans.

Lady Deathstrike - Yuriko Oyama, was not Wolverine's girlfriend. His girlfriend was Mariko Yashida. in the cartoon they were mashed into the same person, but not in the comic. In the comic Yuriko became his sworn enemy after Logan killed her father - the man who devised the adamantium bonding process.
the movie eliminated the enmity between Deathstrike and Wolverine by making her nothing more than Stryker's automaton bodyguard.

I wish I could get ahold of these again. When I was younger my cousin and I would sit and watch episode after episode for hours on end. I loved the animated series and still consider it one of the best comic/cartoons ever.

My son used to love watching the animatied series when he was younger. I collected numerous video copies of them. When the movies came out both he and I were disappointed that they didn't have beast in the original movie, but he turned up in the later one. But we both loved Wolverine and Rogue in the animatied series and the movies.

I remember watching this ages ago and thinking it was one of the best animations I'd seen on television in a long time.:)

Lady Deathstrike - Yuriko Oyama, was not Wolverine's girlfriend. His girlfriend was Mariko Yashida. in the cartoon they were mashed into the same person, but not in the comic. In the comic Yuriko became his sworn enemy after Logan killed her father - the man who devised the adamantium bonding process.
the movie eliminated the enmity between Deathstrike and Wolverine by making her nothing more than Stryker's automaton bodyguard.

I think you got something a little mixed up. She was in his girlfriend first in the cartoon. I just recently watched it the other day. There was no mention of her being crossed with another person. What happened in the comic I can't recall.

what i mean is that Mariko and Yuriko were mashed into the same person in the cartoon - Wolverine/Logan was never romantically involved with Yuriko Oyama in the comic. He was however involved with Mariko Yashida in the comic, both were obviously Japanese, and having both could have confused younger cartoon viewers.
In both the cartoon and the comic, Yuriko became Wolverine's enemy after she believed he killed her father.

Well without reading the comic issue I'm still gonna be lost on what you are saying. I mean in the carton they were showing them together and it was obvious they were together once when they met up again.

Either way they still failed to mention a history between them in the movie.

Hollywood Foodoo!!!

fair enough. but using the cartoon as a source of information for the movie would have been a very bad idea.
The movie also made her a mutant... which even in the cartoon she most certainly was not.

Back