Hellrunner hitlist

Discussion in 'Music' started by chrispenycate, Jan 13, 2008.

chrispenycate

chrispenycate resident pedantissimo

What titles/artists/styles would you pay me not to play on your soon-to-be-favourite Pirate radio?
    Snowdog

Snowdog New Member

House, rap, garage, rap, ska, jazz, rap, grunge and, err, rap.

Any band that plays (sic) any of that.

Elton John.
    Spice Girls.
    Any boy/girl band/singer invented by a TV show, with the exception of the Monkees.
    Harpo

Harpo closing down

Play jazz as long as it's extremely wild and amazing, no tedious smooth rubbish
    You could skip a lot of reggae though, and Mariah Scarey
    gully_foyle

gully_foyle Here kitty kitty kitty!

Bruce Springsteen..... Just kidding Tanga.

Rap, unless it's Public Enemy, De La Soul or Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five.
    Quokka

Quokka wandering

I don't mind a bit of hip hop/ rap in small doses as long as its by artists that are singing about things that are real to them but I would pay you to skip any 'gangster' rap sung by a guy with 3 Hummers and a million dollar bank account. Bottom line: I don't want to know how many women you sleep with and I don't care how tough you are.

And pretty much any group of 4 or more people where none of them are playing an instrument.

Celine Dion, amazing voice.... it just makes my head hurt. Oh and Nickelback.
    Snowdog

Snowdog New Member

I agree about Celine Dion, but when she tones it down she can produce a good song, e.g. Falling Into You. I can't think of another example from her singles though, maybe something on her albums.
    Rosemary

Rosemary The Wicked Sword Maiden

For some reason I have never liked Jazz, so that would have to be on the hit list as far as I am concerned!

Worst song - These Boots Are Made For Walking :eek: