Philip K Dick's Short Stories

Right -- I am just wondering about notably good stories that are not in this one collection. I'm not a PKD completist, but I doubt that one has read all of the PKD stories worth reading if one has read just this collection's offerings. (In fact, it doesn't include "The Father-Thing," which was pretty interesting as an Invasion of the Body Snatchers deal.)

"Piper In The Woods" with one of my favorite first lines: "Well, Corporal Westerburg," Doctor Henry Harris said gently, "just why do you think you're a plant?"

I don't have it in any of my PKD collections but it does appear here:
OtherWorldsOtherTimes.jpg

Right -- I am just wondering about notably good stories that are not in this one collection. I'm not a PKD completist, but I doubt that one has read all of the PKD stories worth reading if one has read just this collection's offerings. (In fact, it doesn't include "The Father-Thing," which was pretty interesting as an Invasion of the Body Snatchers deal.)
Okay. Your collection has many of the best stories from the collection I just read but of those it didn't include, I would list the following as great reads:
  • The War with the Fnools
  • Retreat Syndrome
  • Holy Quarrel
  • Chains of Air, Web of Aether
  • Strange Memories of Death

"The Hanging Stranger" also has a pretty cool Body Snatchers vibe to it-

My latest snag-

Freas%20--%20Satellite%20Dec%2065%2C%20A%20Glass%20of%20Darkness.jpg

"A Glass Of Darkness" in 'Satellite Science Fiction' (Dec. 1956}
never collected - later expanded into "The Cosmic Puppets"-
one of my favorites~

Dask, Egg, and Radix, thank you for these suggestions. I read "The Hanging Stranger" not long ago. Would've made an excellent Twilight Zone teleplay back in Serling's day.

I have learned something from every PKD story I've ever read. He could set a scene and get things rolling quicker than anyone.

"The Hanging Stranger" also has a pretty cool Body Snatchers vibe to it-

My latest snag-

Freas%20--%20Satellite%20Dec%2065%2C%20A%20Glass%20of%20Darkness.jpg

"A Glass Of Darkness" in 'Satellite Science Fiction' (Dec. 1956}
never collected - later expanded into "The Cosmic Puppets"-
one of my favorites~

I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing. The Cosmic Puppets is one of my favorites, too.