Tiddles' Sixth Seronnium

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlywkar

I should be writing
Currently working on book one of a, so far, seven
Hey all. New to this forum. Thought I'd say hi by tossing up some writing I have done. I'll do it in sections. here's the first one. These aren't 100% edited, and I am sorry for that. I am posting them simply to here feedback of like or dislike etc. I am not too worried about posting the whole thing as it's already all on facebook. Though I am writing a novel, book 1 of 7, which I may later post some up here. I am highly reluctant to post some though, for fear of not getting it published later etc.

So with out further blah blah blah, I bring you Tiddles' Sixth Seronnium.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tiddles awoke that day with a flutter of his wings. Dew flew off his flower and showered those beneath. He stood tall, stretching his arms and greeting the sun. "Hey Chip" Tiddles said, fluttering his purple, green, and silver wings towards Chip's toadstool. "Did I miss much?"

"Unless you missed the wrath of Tiddles, that shower you just sent down upon us all was a bit of a wake up call."

"What's Ariana up to?" Ariana happened to be the love of Tiddles life. Daughter to the high priestess of all of Flangorp, and more amazing then a Linnard's flank.

"She woke early this morning to gather Sherrit Squiznees by the Forn tree," said Chip still wiping dew from his favorite pair of socks. Chip had to work three straight weeks in the silk mines to pay for the set. They were emblemed with his favorite scoops player Winsters Chinstee.

"Oh shoosh. I better get going then. Today is our sixth Seronnium. You know what that means!" Tiddles frantically gathered his pouch and scoops balls.

"Ya... Oh I know, trust me. You don't want to fluster this one up. Besides, she is a Minxiin! How you even flew a fairy like her is beyond me. . . . You better hurry, it's almost high rise."

And with that Tiddles was off. At first he fluttered up and down, left and right, to the beats of his hums of love. Through the branches of Yew, Fur, Birch, and Pleanuas he flew.

The leaves seem to just fly past him in a blur now. The tinge changed slightly, darkening in levels, and gathering more splotches of gray and brown. This meant that he was approaching the Uakeeish edge, on the border of Shimners river. Faster and faster he flew. To stop meant certain death. The trees and floor here were crawling with several creatures of unmentionable attributes.

At last he entered safe territory again, and reached his area of want. The Lillian fields. Vast arrays of blooms existed here. Unmentionable colours, and innumerous types of flowers.

Tiddles softly settled down to the welcoming ground. He snuggled into the grass and took a moment to breathe in the air of freedom. After his wingetts no longer ached he arose to set forth to his task.

Gathering blooms for a sixth Seronnium was very dutiful and laborous. Each bloom needs to be selected carefully for size, colour, sent, and accent. To make one mistake meant the end of a relationship, and perhaps the lives of all those involved.

One purple Fluilera for purity; three petals of two hands, two petals of one, and one petal of three fingers. A golden Lrisyt for the warmth between two skins; four petals with blue veins, three petals with a light dusting of orange hearth, and two special petals that are detailed with scales of silver.

After three echos of rays Tiddles had filled his pouch and was washing his hands in a nearby trickle stream, emerging from a mound covered with red Snalliads. Realizing the time Tiddles scrubbed the pollen and oils off as fast as he could. He needed to be back in time to meet Ariana or all was certain to be unforgivable. "Ah! Shoot." Tiddles exclaimed as one of his scoops balls fell into the trickle and began floating off listlessly. Without hesitation Tiddles thrust himself into the roaring trickle, being draged off into an onslaught of turbulent waves. Twisted, turned, and bewildered by the trickle Tiddle forced himself in the general direction of his bobbing scoops ball. With an outstretched arm he grabbed the scoops ball and embraced it as the life giver that it was now. Pushing, and kicking with his legs was the only option available to him; his wings were wet beyond flutter. With one final struggle Tiddles pulled himself up onto the trickles edge. Exhausted beyond belief Tiddles laid himself down on the grass, throwing his pouch and scoops ball to the side. With the beauty of birth he spread his wings out fully to the sun and passed out with one breathe.

Blundering out for the sake of blunder came an Eugope. Eugopes are not quite unlike Garthopels, similar in size, shape, and colour, just not quite as graceful. Meandering towards the trinkle was his goal. To saunter up and recieve a taste on it's lips was his only wish. But alas, with one step of his tepid cloff the Eugope depressed Tiddles completely into the earth beneath him. The blooms bled out, mourning a love undiscovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.