DVD Haul

I bought a few cheaper Blu Rays today.

Replicas
Mortal Engines
Annihilation
The Dead Don’t Die

This year I’ve been getting a few DVDs, from Stornoway charity shops.

mostly recently I got series 1&2 of Star Trek TNG, and series 2&4 of Red Dwarf, and Sharknado 1-4.
And something called Starship Rising, which I’d never heard of.

Major update. Last week I remembered that in 2015 I loaned some DVDs to some friends, so I finally asked for them back.

today a huge box arrived. My returned DVDs (Morecambe & Wise series 1-3, Bewitched series 1, Monty Python series 1) plus some bonus ones gifted to me, including Blackadder Back & Forth, Muppets From Space, Eddie The Eagle, Mighty Boosh, Basket Case trilogy, and *dramatic pause* a massive complete set of Babylon 5 (series 1-5, pilot, five films, and a series called Crusade)
I’ve never watched any Babylon 5, might start my own thread for it.

Arrived today:
ButchCassidyAndTheSundanceKid60.jpg
Shane60.jpg

Did it win the Razzie award ?

I dunno. My film diary from 2018 describes it as a "horrible horrible mess of a SF film in which Neil Johnson (I didn't spot his name in the credits otherwise I would have left it on the shelf - even at 50p) demonstrates that even after directing films for 20 odd years he still hasn't learnt a thing. "

I was even ruder on IMDb:
Every film should have a drinking game. It's the law.

For this film - and possibly (given what I have seen of his other works) all of Neil Johnson's movies - what you need are some very honest people and a LOT of drink.

These are the rules:

Every two minutes pause the film and ask, "Has anyone got any idea at all what is going on?" and if no one can honestly come up with ANY rational explanation for the previous scene then everyone takes a shot. The beauty of this game is that after twenty minutes when everyone is paralytically drunk the thing might actually start to make some sense.

I still have the DVD of it filed away. I may give it another go one masochistic day. (But as a strict teetotaller I'm not sure I'll make it to the end. )

Although, for personal reasons, I find “Sleeping In Light” hard to rewatch.

Me too, but a beautiful ending to an incredible series. No cop out, whatsoever.

Mister Morden should have had his own prequel series...