Bible-based novels

GOLLUM

Hi there.

Does anyone know if stories from the Old and New testament have ever been converted into graphic novels??

Hi there.

Does anyone know if stories from the Old and New testament have ever been converted into graphic novels??

Not certain; though I'd be surprised if not. There have been plenty of comics versions of them, though, from a weekly called Bible Story -- for which Moorcock apparently did considerable scripting (see his introduction to The Swords of Heaven, the Flowers of Hell, where he says it "was one of the best-paying markets at the time, and was distinctive in that everyone who worked on it became, after a while, a thoroughgoing atheist"!) -- to (IIRC) some Classics Illustrated adaptations (I vaguely recall one on David and Goliath from many, many moons ago, for instance....)

Thanks JD, I'll keep my peepers out for them, it was for my father that I was enquiring...:)

I have always thought about writing a book based on the bible. But not religious at all. just reading and taking into context as i see it. then tossing it on paper, in an order that seems to fit. no clue if it would work though. ... I would first have to actually read the whole thing. ... When ever I try I barely get past genesis. and sometimes I just skip to the end.. haha

There's an entire version of the Bible put into comic format out there somewhere; we used to get little sections of it in Sunday school when I was a kid, and eventually they compiled them into a Bible. But for the life of me I don't remember what it was called or who put it out.

And it may or may not be what you're looking for- it's not a reworking of the Bible at all, just an illustrating of it in a sort of Prince Valiant style.

There are other treatments, but you'd probably have to get into some pretty small religious presses to find them. Or you could find a Christian bookstore somewhere and ask the person that runs it about them.