Music you remember from......

Discussion in 'Music' started by Quokka, Oct 31, 2007.

Quokka

Quokka wandering

On the radio this morning they were chatting about what songs you remember from the year you graduated school. So I thought I'd start a thread about the music we remember from well basically whenever. Be it the year you graduated, married, moved... anything at all that links music to a year or event you can remember.

Yes, this does risk identifying our ages to chronicles :)

So to start off I remember Are you gonna go my way (Lenny Kravitz) from my last year of school and the Choir Boys Run to Paradise and the song Stutter Rap from my last year of primary school, only because there was a camp and we all thought we were so cool playing and singing it until we drove our teachers nuts.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
    Sephiroth

Sephiroth Causa Scientiae

Dire Straits' Brothers In Arms reminds me of being really young, it came out when I was five/six.

Rage Against The Machine's self-titled first album makes me think of being twelve/thirteen, in Second Year at high school.

Hole's Live Through This album, and particularly the song Violet, reminds me of 1994, the year Kurt Cobain died. I was in Fourth Year.

The NOFX album So Long And Thanks For All The Shoes brings back 1997, the year I left high school, and also the year I saw NOFX in concert.
    Wybren

Wybren Crooked Warden

Wonderwall by Oasis was played almost non stop in my senior common room
    And I think El Scorcho by Weezer and I think even Wannabe by the spice girls came out then also.
    Sephiroth

Sephiroth Causa Scientiae

Alanis Morisette was often played in our common room, more's the pity.

Also Red Hot Chili Peppers, though........One Hot Minute.
    The Ace

The Ace Aye fur Alba

The Boomtown Rats, "I don't like Mondays."
    The Buggles, "Video Killed the Radio Star."
    HardScienceFan

HardScienceFan 'what to eat' fan

Springsteen Philadelphia
    Linger The cranberries
    Temptation heaven 17
    oh Patty Scritti Politti
    Harpo

Harpo closing down

I met Tony Hawks last year, and heard some fun stories about Stutter Rap (and I can't repeat what he called Belinda Carlisle for keeping his song off the number one spot)

There are a few songs I associate with my first visit to France, they include Blondie's "Picture This", "The Kids Are United" by Sham 69, and "If I Can't Have You" by Yvonne Ellerman.