looking for a couple of titles

Ethernaut

There's two books i'm looking for though you could probably count the second as a series.

1/ read this about 5 years ago. sort of time travel and virtual reality.
the main character is a mongolian/steppe hunter/warrior who is being chased by 3? enemies. he rides his horse off a cliff but instead of falling to his death is captured and taken to the future.
in the future, there is a virtual reality game where the players relive the events of history. his captors intend to use him as an advantage in the game, but he escapes and is chased. he ends up getting into a game booth and learning/playing the game.
due to his skills as a real life warrior he has an advantage and manages to earn enough points to win his freedom in real life/get rich.

from what i can remember the cover looks across a mid city scape with mid air moving walkways from building to building. you can't see the ground. there are people on the walkways, one of whom is naked?

2/this one was part of/is a series of books i read about 3/4 years ago
a woman escapes from her overbearing father and life as a medical student by hiring a mercenary/guide to take her off planet. through the course of the series, she discovers she is not entirely human and her body will heal even death.
her father has been conducting experiments and she was the only result that lived. in one story her blood is the only cure for her alien husband but her blood ends up killing him. she has various enemies and in another book is held captive on a planet but is freed by a lover/friend/bounty hunter who disguises himself using a sentient? creature as a mask.
she has alien friends including shape shifters and the ship itself? and took a job as a medical officer on a planet before her father/the earth gov found her
she is almost continually hiding or on the run

I've tried to remember all that i could and any help would be greatly appreciated. i don;t bind whether i get titles, authors, or in the last case the series.

many thanks
Ethernaut

The first book sounds like Piers Anthony 'Steppe'.
Cannot help with the second, sorry.

TiggerToo

thanks to both of you for the quick response.
those were the books i was looking for

Back