A home from home!

Mark Robson

Dragon Writer
Congrats on getting your own board, Mary! Great to see it all spangly and bright. Now all you need is for the locals to move in and graffiti it up a bit ... and buy all your books, of course ... :D

The neighbours aren't bad either, though I'd watch out for the lady next door ... that Madeline Howard has a bit of a reputation around here, you know!

Well, let's see, we have your basic assortment of sugars: granulated white, raw, light brown, dark brown, and powdered.

Which would you like?

(I could throw in a slice of cherry pie. We seem to have a surfeit of that just at the moment.)

Would you look at that! You move in and get offered cherry pie. What did I get when I moved in? Nothing. Diddly squat. Zilch. I clearly moved into the wrong row. My neighbours are Rowling the recluse, who's never popped by to say hello, and someone named after an arachnid! I think I might have to consider changing my name.

We moved into our respective Chronicles domiciles at the same time, Mark. No doubt we were too busy setting up house to offer each other refreshments.

However, have a belated slice of cherry pie.

(Though I might point out that up until now it's been darn lonely over here between Jordan and Hobb.)

Seems like you're in luck and the neighbourhood is picking up! Thanks for the cherry pie. I do love a nice piece of cherry pie. :)

Will be reading City of Masks soon. Looking forwards very much to exploring more of Mary's writing.

Mary, a belated welcome! I've been heads down in my own little corner, writing hard, the world passing me by.

I hope you feel at home. It's a very friendly place.

No doubt you've all finished the cherry pie, so as a house-warming I've brought along a jar of my first-ever attempt at home-made apple jelly from the little trees I planted a few years ago. (I'm so proud!)

Anyone got any scones?:)

Julie

Oh wow, I only just found all these message about pie and jelly!

You will all be thinking I'm as reclusive as Mark's neighbour but really i'm not. Could offer you some of the apple strudel I was making which caused me to miss Mark on TV.

Thanks for the welcome, Julie, and for the picture of Fortezza you sent. I'm guessing you've been heads down writing Aurora? You seem to have quite a fan base here, so they and I will be very pleased about that.

And Teresa, it will have to be the darkest crumbliest muscovado.

Mary