Favourite season?

My favourite season of Babylon 5 is:

• Total voters

Tilion

the wayward
Mine is definitely number 3, which dealt with the Shadow war. It was action packed and featured some outstanding moments.

Next up are seasons 2 and 4, which are kinda tied for second place. I'd probably lean a bit more in favour of 2, since it was a prelude to the whole Shadow story arc. 4 was great with the civil war and all, except for the beginning, where things were really slow and rather dull.

Season 5 was sort of blah up to the point where the Centauri were suspected for attacking the ships of the Alliance (which is basically over half of the season), when things got interesting.

Season 1 loses hands down for having the biggest number of stand-alone episodes which flat out sucked or half-sucked. :p I have to say I really struggled with the show through many season 1 episodes, but I'm glad I decided to stick with it, because it's one of the best ones!

Well, what's your favourite?

I went for series 4.
Lots of high points: the death of Marcus, the peek into the far future, Garabaldi's brainwashing etc

Although I will say my flat out favourite episode is "Severed Dreams" in series 3

I went for season 3, lots of action but still plenty of mystery. But I think all 5 seasons were great..

I'd probabley go with season 3 or 4, thats said the last 3rd of season 2 was my favourite part of the entire series.

i voted 5 afaic remeber i just really enjoyed it. B5 is tome the most intelligent scifi, its probably the only thing on tv i have watched and felt almost like i was reading the book.

Easily Season 3, without question IMO. :)

We have great standalone story-telling which is enhanced by their being the climax of everything that has been developing since Season 1, plus we have some amazing dramatic moments - Earth vs Babylon 5, G'Kar's spiritual development, death of Kosh, etc. :)

The trouble with season 4 is that it came across as rushed - and individual story arcs such as Sheridan's desire to abandon his responsibilities (and the fate of the universe) to save his dad, only to be rescued by his officers acting like the 3 Stooges was plain insulting.

Season 5 is just "Gee, we got another season, but we don't know what to do with it..."

2c. :)

Season three and four, the intrigue, human civil war and the Shadow war elevated it above another Star Trek wannabe. Season five with the Jesus figure and his hippy telepaths camped on the station never did it for me.

Season 3 as a whole was the best i think, though No Surrender, No Retreat in season 4 was my favourite episode :)