Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seiben

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Finn

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Argurious

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters
The scene in Winter warriors where Vellian gets killed by Dagorian after refusing to surrender and opting to follow his example is brilliant. Max respect.

It's Druss for me. Death of a Legend.

I love the reaction of Ulric, afterwards.

bison should win it. every man (or woman) has the potential for greatness in him (or her). even if it is only manifested at the very end...

My favorite death scene has to be that of Jaim Grymuch. In his death he epitomizes all heroic qualities that all people strive for. In my opinion it only beats Bisons because even the bad guys don't want to kill Jaim because of his heroic actions.

I like Durmast, more for the fact that he wasnt a hero and was generally greedy and selfish, but still come through in the end and in the words of the thirty "only true heroism can be achieved by a coward" (think thats the right quote).

its got to be druss because techniclly he should be dead already . and he still takes out 5 or 6 nadir including the herald who he said he would kill . always keeps his word does druss lol :p

I'd have to say either waylanders or decados death was the best. I think I liked them so much is that decados death showed how much he'd learned and changed form the Ice killer he was once known for. Also waylander was finally allowed do what he dreamed of doing for years before he died, and boy did he do it in style!

I voted for Finn because it is one of the most underrated heroic events in ll DG's books along with Pagans. I mean, the man walked through a legion of Nadir? (been a while since I read the books!) just to end his life with his best friend.

Pagans was unbeliveable aswel. He held off NINE joinings, just to save some children! Max respcet is right.

I'm going to have to say Druss. Not that i'm taking away from any of the other death scenes but because he is roughly 60 years old wielding Snaga and he defeats scores upon scores of enemys and even the huge giant (i forgot his name i know it starts with a N :) ) and he didn't even fall until the 4th wall, no easy feat for any man :p

none of the above!
tho i guess druss.
i liked serbitors i guess. cos it was kinda cute. he goes off to be with his little friends.
it made me cry. always does

Sadly Pagan isnt mentioned in the list above, Id have voted for him if he was.

To be able to hold off 9 joinings requires some very strong bowels and heaps of courage and tenacity.

Hats off to Pagan :)

Hi by the way!

Pagan for fortitude against the odds.
Druss for sheer pig headedness against death, and the fact that such a man comes but once a lifetime or longer.
Connavar for knowing that the brother he loved had betrayed him, but willingly went to see him anyway. That man, though a tortured soul, had many levels.
Decado for choosing a manner which was the total reverse of how he had lived his earlier life, showing a mind that had evolved to a greater plane.
There were many a great death written by Gemmel. Even Jasaray? when beaten shows extreme fortitude and acceptance in death, even throwing his arrogance and ego in the face of his vanquisher. So many great characters. I will seriously miss his writing.

I have to say Jaim for the same reasons Fralin said.

In his death he epitomizes all heroic qualities that all people strive for. In my opinion it only beats Bisons because even the bad guys don't want to kill Jaim because of his heroic actions.

I met D.Gemmell. He said it was 'tough out there.' Prior to that he had just recounted the tale of how Druss came into being, who he was based on, and how it actual got into print.

It was a happy, but determined coincidence; given the vitriolic reply, and rejection of the first submissions.

So given all that, Druss the Legend does it for me.

Ravenheart was the first Gemmell I ever read and it still makes me cry every time, so its got to be Jaim. I actually fell in love with him, and when he died I was sitting there going 'noooooo', and when I re read it, even though I know it's coming, it still surprises me every time.

I think Jarek Mace riding into battle (knowing he would not return) is my fav with Druss comming in very close second.
many other heros knew they might die in battle (whither they cared is neither here nor there as they enjoyed the risk)
Jarek Mace on the other hand did not enjoy battle, was not a hero and loved life to excess, he enjoyed life and the satisfaction it provided.

{No death is as great, as one that saves a nation}