Dragon Wars: D-War (2007)

roddglenn

Colonial Marine
D-War

I couldn't see a thread about this, so I thought I'd start one.

An ancient army attacks America in the Korean movie D-War.

Trailer here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ2paDoZ--g

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one - I hope it's as good as it appears in the trailer.

I only saw the preview for this movie last night, but I think I will go see it this weekend with my clan (it opens on Friday here).
What do you guys think of it?

Its Reign of Fire american style!
Ok seen the preview and it looks good - action movie but there seems to be the hope that there will also be a good story to go with it. If nothing it will be good to see some dragon fighting!
Out of interest does anywone know if it is based on a book?

the quetion about the book for me was party prompted by the wurm in a film about dragons - not an idea that I thought many film producers would go.

They're not playing it up much. I saw one trailer last week. Usually a big budget film is hyped up more. Makes me question why there hasn't been more spots on tv. From the trailer it looks like mayhem and monsters. I'd love to see a good live-action movie about dragons, but I think this one is worth waiting to rent on dvd. JMHO.

I'm really not much into the whole fantasy genre that much and I usually avoid those kinds of movies but I have to say I've seen the previews for this movie a couple of times and it actually looks pretty good. And...I can't believe I'm saying this...but it actually looks pretty original too. I had come to the place of thinking original ideas in Hollywood had died out with the dinorsaurs but maybe I was wrong. Actually I expect to find out that this is some kind of copy of a tv show or a book or something, that would make more sense to me because Hollywood isn't much for comin up with new ideas lately.

True - with the title dragon wars it took them over half of the advert I saw before you saw a real dragon - up to that it was the giant wurm - made me think that it was a chinnes film at first as it reminded me more of the eastern view of a dragon

Its Reign of Fire american style!
Ok seen the preview and it looks good - action movie but there seems to be the hope that there will also be a good story to go with it. If nothing it will be good to see some dragon fighting!
Out of interest does anywone know if it is based on a book?

It is based on a Korean legend.

D-War (the new official name) is a Korean film with American actors.