Darkweaver Series as a film, would it work?

SPKuja

Really, just as the title says. I've always wondered this ever since I was asked my own opinion on this subject when I did a book report on "First Sword" about 4 years ago.

I personally think the series would make a great film series if done right... though the only problem is that directors and film writers often miss loads out when transfering to the big screen.... never a good thing, especially with such a series like the Darkweaver Legacy!

Well, there are my thoughs, so what does every one else think?

Well you know it's impossible to do a book justice with about 2 hours of pictures and sounds; given the hours, days, or weeks of imagination that get put into the reading.
As a film, I guess it would take a screenwriter or director to tell you if they could do a decent adaptation of the books, and would it still be 4 or would it change to 3? I'd love to see a film done, but at the same time if it were to be done, I'd want it done properly (à la LoTR), rather than some low budget affair.
Mark's certainly written a good combination of action and character development, so I think it could be done and done well. The whole business of making a film can take years though. Plus you have to make a decent return on the initial investment, and films are incredibly expensive. Maybe in a few years (5 at most :D) when Mark is the top author in the world we'll have a film in the works ;)

I think the imperial trilogy is the most likely to be filmed. I would love to see them both done, but it more likely.

i have to say that i am usually dissapointed with books that have been made into film. the harry potter films are all quite aweful (in my opinion)
an exception of couse was the lord of the rings movies which where well done and gave the books some justice, though i must say i did prefer the books!
but any way back to the topic at hand(i talk to much, i know:eek:), the darkweaver legacy could probably not be as well portrayed on film as in the books, however if it promoted mr. Robsons books, whose complaining? any stimulation for more readers is good!
so i would, the devout fan i am, be 1st in line to watch the movie if it was made!:p

I reckon they're the sort of book that could be made into films quite well. There's a good storyline and lots of action. What more do you want?

WoW, havent been here for a long time,.

I would just like to say each book should be its own movie.

And i mean all of them.

Congrats, surpising how little has changed in this little corner of the internet since i last cam here.

Hi all!

Hi again Charles! I'm just re-reading the Darkweaver Legacy books, and mentally watching them as a film while I read :D

I would read them again but i they are signed first editions, still in mint condition ^¬^

Mark your going to make me rich. ^¬^

They have the pages pressed toghether and they still smell fresh as ever.

When reading i never openned them too much.

I am sad i know.

And Joel glad you kept the same sig, i love firefly.

I must say that all the best movies are either:
a) Original and not based on a book
b) Made by someone that has read the books and will do them justice (like Lord of the Rings)

Ever considered writing screen play Mark? (joke!)

I don't think any planning has yet begun in earnest. Mark's still writing books at the moment, the films will have to wait!

I would read them again but i they are signed first editions, still in mint condition
Mark your going to make me rich.
They have the pages pressed toghether and they still smell fresh as ever.
When reading i never openned them too much.
I am sad i know.

That's not sad, I'm well jealous.