Trying to identify an old cartoon

Token

Sometime between 82-86 I saw an animated film or episode of a show and have always wanted to know what it was. So what do I remember about it...

-It was a sci fi and possibly of anime quality
-A young child probably a boy is trapped on a planet with dense woods. He has a yoshi-like companion and I believe there were many large spotted eggs dotted amongst the trees. I think the eggs were Red and white.
-The boy is trapped or attacked by some kind of indigenous swarming predators at night, they are coming out of the darkness into a clearing but a tripod spaceship lands and a man rescues him by carrying him into the bright light of the hatch.
-We see an almost empire strikes back ending with a medical spaceship, then possibly zooming out to reveal many clones/bald people and or a fleet of ships. My memory of this last one is extremely hazy and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Well I know it's a long shot but I'd be so happy to find this :cool:

Last edited:
This might possibly require more detail before anyone here can answer. I'm sure there's some sort of way to figure out the name you're looking for. Hopefully your memories ring a bell to someone...